DAYS: New Mickey

• Members

OTOH...

Recasting Mickey (with a younger actor ... well, younger than Clarke or Ingle, anyhow) does not guarantee we'll see more of Suzanne Rogers.

In fact, I'd almost guarantee Mickey has become some self-absorbed letch, and one of the Kappa Kappa Spankme broads from Salem U. will become his latest "conquest."

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Khan-That's what worries me the most, casting someone of Dobson's caliber. Either 1) They're going to use him in a front burner storyline with Suzanne that will knock our socks off, 2) They're casting someone this well-known to move him into another story, which will give Suzanne great stuff to play for about ten minutes, and then she'll go back to being a maitre'd, or 3) Both will continue to be window dressing and we'll wonder why Days spent the money in the first place, much like what happened to Dobson on OLTL.

I'm pulling for #1, but based on years of soap viewing... ... ... ... ... ...

• Members

Love Kevin Dobson and all, but he's no sexy older man...in any way. On Knots Landing his appeal was that he was this aging former jock/womanizer who has settled down into the normal life. I don't think they'd even consider giving him a wife younger than Bonnie. Besides, they've already done that for Mickey.

• Members

Definitely a wait and see situation.

Is this contract or recurring?

As for the age situation,John Clarke is in his 70's and there are probably not that many actors in that age group who are available and willing to do a soap.Many names were put forward for a recast but a lot of them hadn't been heard of for years.

Keep in mind that health issues do arise with people of this age.

John Clarke had aged a lot by the time his stint came to an end.By now he may look like John Ingle's older brother!

I can understand Days wanting a more youthful and dynamic actor in the role,even just for shallow visual appeal.

Kevin Dobson may have been a big name in the 80's but obviously there is not a lot of primetime work available for him and he has made the decision to do daytime.

Hopefully Mickey and Maggie will be a more regular part of the show-a good recast of Sarah Horton wouldn't hurt.The only real history the character has is she is actually Neil's daughter.

By the way,did Sarah ever know this?

• Members

Thanks for the information. So we got Mickey Horton coming back on April the 1st and Nicole Walker coming in on April the 2nd! I must tune in on these days. April 1st just to see Kevin Dobson's performance and April 2nd to see my bad girl BACK on DAYS! party0023.gif

• Members

I'd like to see Brady back as well. It would be funny if DAYS put Justin Torkilsden in the role, but then Travis from Soapstar 4 would also be perfect for the character. I just pray that if they bring Brady back, its not in the form of another Trevor Donovan.

Archived