90210: Discussion Thread

Toups

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I finally managed to watch the season finale and it was worse than I expected.

First of all, you don't need to have three couples getting back together at the same time. It's plain boring, and while Adrianna and Navid's reconciliation was at least a bit exceptional, Dixon and Ivy's was pure kitsch (Dixon has become such a whiner, ugh), and Teddy and Silver's was way too fast and illogical.

What was the deal with Ryan getting drunk and going on the rampage? I was waiting for him to have an accident, but nothing happened.

The Annie-Jasper story has been going on way too long.

However, I did like the argument between Harry and Debbie. I will miss Harry and it sucks that he didn't get a proper send-off, just like Ethan last year. What is it with "90210" not giving their (major and recurring) characters proper goodbye scenes? I enjoyed Naomi and Jen's scenes too. But yes, I also saw it coming that Cannon would molest Naomi.

• Members

This season was so disappointing. Everytime something interesting would start to happen it would end abruptly with no real conclusion. None of the characters and their relationships with each other were developed well either. If this show makes it pass season three, I hope they start over with a new cast, new writers, new everything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Huntress, I agree, no one gets a proper send off. Ethan didn't get one, Kelly didn't get one, and now Harry didn't get one.

I just watched the finale the other day, as I had forgot to TiVo it and never got around to watching it Online.

I would have liked to see what other people said as well, though, like Liam's boat exploding, us not knowing if he's on it, while Jasper laughs from the pier. Annie returns home to confess to her parents, but her father storms out of the house after his argument with Deb. Annie begins to confess to Deb. We see Dixon sneak out the back door to go to Australia. Silver and Teddy share a kiss, unaware that his father is watching in the dark. Annie finishes her confession to Deb, who is horrified. But before she can say anything, she sees a news blurb on the TV saying a plane to Australia crashed soon after takeoff.

Then we flash to a monatage of Deb running upstairs, intending to tell Dixon that Ivy's plane crashed, but is horrified to see Dixon is gone, his closet visibly emptier. Ryan continues driving drunk, and pulls into a gas station. A man (Harry, though we don't see his face, leaving us wondering) is walking to his car, and Ryan runs him down, and leaves in a panic. Naomi is attacked/raped. A body washes up onto the shore (though you can't see who it is, and it makes us wonder if its Liams). Deb runs down the stairs, hysterical, just as the doorbell rings. Annie opens the door, and a police officer stands there and says "There's been a crash". Cut to black.

So basically a mix of some stuff I thought of, what actually happened, and what everyone else said....I think that would have been a good ending.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I lurk this 90210 show board every now and then but that is spot on. As for characters like Teddy or Ethan, my god did or do those actors who play them suck or what. There are a few actors on this show that know how to bring it, Jessica Lowndes, Tristan Wilds, Jessica Stroup, Annalynne McCord and Lori Loughlin maybe Michael Steger but that's pushing it, the rest just are a disgrace to the word acting. The couples have no steam whatsoever Teddy/Silver are a joke, Navid/Adrianna are like an old married couple frankly I might be alone on this one but this is where you wish Adrianna from S1 was here, b/c she'd f-ck up and try something w/ Dixon by now. Liam/Annie there's something there, Ivy/Dixon I kind of like. Kinda.. but srsly the couples aren't watchable on this show.

As for the ensemble..it has to be the worst on television, there is not one reason that I can think of for not cancelling this show after this season. Rebecca Sinclair, why does that name sound familiar? anyway yeh she can't write for sh-t . :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just like last year, watching the season premiere of "90210" felt like watching a totally different show. Again, too many things were swept under the carpet.

Why did they drag that horrible "I killed a guy" storyline for a whole season and then resolved it off-screen? Seeing a smiling Annie among the others just felt wrong.

The earthquake was so lame. They should have used that scenario for a whole episode – maybe even a two-parter – and not just for two minutes.

Archived