Martha Byrne's statement from SOD

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It says a lot that Martha Byrne has had enough of Goutman's bullcrap. Martha used to be Goutman's biggest cheerleader -- think about around the time she won the Emmy -- and now she's leaving on bad terms. Goutman needs to go; the show is bleeding out!

Good luck, Martha. You have been a huge asset to ATWT for so long, and it sucks that they treated you like this.

• Members

I cannot believe how utterly unprofessional and horrible ATWT/P&G/Goutman was to Martha Byrne. She's one of THE STARS of ATWT and ATWT will have a HUGE void when she leaves. I hope AMC or ONE LIFE picks her up. I could see her on AMC maybe as Lainie Cortlandt or Kelsey Jefferson.

• Members

OMGosh, Ryan thanks for posting this even though I am now speechless. What a class act she was agreeing to take a pay cut and then negotiating another multi year contract to stay on the show, only to have talks hit an impasse. What a way to find out the show is done with you than to see a script for your recast!!!!!!!! Something tells me the end of "the World" is not to far off.

I am glad Martha stood up to Goutman and left, here is hoping that we will see her on another daytime show. I could see her on AMC or OLTL. Heck, if she went out to the West Coast again I would not mind seeing her on Days, Y&R or B&B. I do know at one point (when she first left ATWT back in the 90's) she auditioned for the role of Billie on Days and some of the music Days has used, Martha has written. ATWT loss is and definitely will be another shows gain....

Has PGP not woken up and smelled the coffee yet, so far two of their big name stars have left their shows. First RPG, now MB.....whose next????

Archived