Y&R New Headwriters Confirmed by SOD

• Members

I just need to rest from her stint as HW. (Co-HW might be more correct, since she was the only HW only for 2 or 3 years...)

I think she would be a perfect fit for AMC, even though she says that ABC is a place where stories are told differently. There are many reasons to this, one of them being that she just needs to change soap - she's been with Y&R for decades now and there's nothing new she can offer us. She could be much more cretive writing for another soap opera, especially if it's challenged in some way.

And I have to underline it once more: I just don't want her back. I have asked this question many times: where does this Kay Alden love spread from? It is totally new to me. That interview with Sam Ford might have helped, but I just don't understand it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Feb 23 2008, 04:05 AM)
Right now I still FF the show and find it boring in places. I also don't believe RavenWhitney when he/she says they are LML's successors. RavenWhitney has been wrong with just about every piece of scoop posted. Remember him/her saying Kay Alden and Brad Bell hated each other? Obviously that hate was deep since Kay went FiCore for him!

Yes, I remember that! :lol:

Thank you, Chris, for your reply!

• Members

This is exactly what I assumed and believed would happen. I don't quite get all the doubt other than perhaps it doesn't please some people.

Griffith is a crony of that Steve Kent going back to Santa Barbara, isn't he? And Maria is a Bell so why would they dump her of all people?

I don't know what's going on at Days but I seem to see some trademarks of Sheri Anderson's style lately. Other than some lousy scripts on both shows the storytelling seems to be better on both than has been for a very long time.

• Members

Okay now that Griffith and Bell no longer have to follow Latham's plans, can they please start writing interesting stuff. The show is still dragging and its virtually boring. Now I'd prefer "boring" to Latham's "dreadfulness," but I'm ready to move on.

Jess Walton is still on the sidelines.

Tammin Sursok is still in the credits.

Gloria Abbott is still running amok.

Lauren is still playing second fiddle to the Fisher clan.

Amber lives on.

etc etc etc.

Lastly, I think Y&R needs to stop being so cheap and lazy with their sets and remodel. Already on Monday's US episode you can see that the magazine set is going to be the Loft where JT lived. It's pitiful in how they try to "disguise" it. Come on TPTB let's ring in 35 years with some style

The only saving grace for me right now is Ted Shackleford. He's been on his A game and having a ball with the role.

• Members

ITA! Esp about lauren. I dont mind her in a minor role or supporting, since TEB is on recurring (by choice). However, lauren has a rich history with the show. Paul, Jack, Brad, etc.. yet all she does is watch the fishers do there thing. Not that i mind that much because that is better than nothing and it did allow lauren to escape from LML's hacking and ruining char;s...

• Members

I guess TVGuide online is now confirming Griffth as permanent EP.

No word on permanent HW yet, right? (Sorry if this is old news).

But, if they have named Griffith EP but not HW, that pretty much confirms a new HW (Jack Smith?) is coming, right?

Archived