Y&R New Headwriters Confirmed by SOD

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SOD is so fricking behind the times. Josh Griffith was promoted to HW/EP ages ago, same for Maria Arena Bell as Co-HW. All you have to do is look at the credits. I don't think SOD has any idea who Y&R's new HW will be. I'll keep glued to what Toups has because he's a million times more reliable than that hack rag.

It'll take time for new HWs to prepare their story bibles, so I don't expect an announcement anytime soon. Griffith/Bell are okay, but I still think the show has a long way to go. They've put the show in a good position for transition to a new HW, but it's still boring in parts, lots of LML-related stuff is going on and characters like Paul, Neil and Jill are suffering.

• Members

lol I almost fainted just waiting for the topic to open. lol

Gotta admit, though, when I read the first post and didn't know what was following, I wasn't too excited. More like "blah." Griffith and Bell are great as temp replacements, but I want someone from the old team, Natalie Minardi Slater or something.

• Members

Maria Bell

Los Angeles

Maria Bell’s passion for the arts was ignited when she was a student in a large Southern California public high school, back when the arts were part of every student’s curriculum. Her art history teacher inspired her to major in art history at Northwestern University and truly opened her eyes to seeing the world through art. Maria has dedicated herself to arts advocacy and to advancing the arts in America.

In the past year she was cited by Governor Schwarzenegger and First Lady Maria Shriver for her impact on the Governor’s decision to allocate 500 million dollars to public school art education programs for the State of California. She was recently appointed by Schwarzenegger to serve as a Commissioner on The Commission for the Status of Women in the State of California.

Maria serves on the board of many arts related nonprofits including:

Americans for the Arts, Washington DC. Board member and Chair National Arts Awards where last year she raised over a million dollars to further the arts in America.
PS Arts, where she is in her second year as Board Chair and chairs all major fundraisers.
The Aspen Art Museum, where she has served for eight years and created and chaired ArtCrush, the Museum’s summer fundraiser.
Dicapo Opera Theater. New York.
Center Dance Association, Los Angeles.

She also serves on many arts committees including:

The Acquisitions Committee of the Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles,
The Education Committee of the Guggenheim Museum New York,
The National Council of the Anderson Ranch Arts Center,
The National Council of Aspen Santa Fe Ballet
The National Committee of the Hirschorn Museum in Washington DC
The Development Committee of The Los Angeles County Museum of Art

And other councils and committees including: Aviva Family Associates, The Everychild Foundation, Blue Ribbon, The Luminaires Juniors, and The Echo Theater Group.

She is the chair of the MOCA Gala for the coming year for the Murakami Exhibition.

Maria also is on the Advisory Board of Phillips De Pury Auctioneers.

Her professional career included an early career as a fashion designer in Los Angeles and then many years as a television writer for shows including the soaps, The Bold and The Beautiful and The Young and the Restless and developing television shows for NBC and CBS. She is currently an essayist for publications such as “T” the New York Times Style Magazine, “C” Magazine, Aspen Magazine, Aspen Peak Magazine and many others she has tried to give her view of the world a humorous spin.

She’s a mother of two children and a Girl Scout Leader.

Archived