Y&R New Headwriters Confirmed by SOD

• Members

You're putting Toups in front of Sony's statement and SOD? Hilarious! :lol:  OK about SOD, but official statement?

I just don't see the reason for your skepticism. Sure, they maybe a transitional team, but as long as they keep it on track, who cares? This is new territory, we'll see how will this affect the awards.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Fi-Core thing leaves me skeptical, since the WGA isn't too fond of those writers anymore. Why else were they stripped of their WGA nominations? Also, I can't imagine them being too happy about their members being apart of writing teams headed by Fi-core members. It doesn't make any sense to me. I like Griffith and Bell, but I don't think both are here to stay as HW's. Griffith is here to stay as EP maybe, but not as HW IMO.

• Members

Yes, now I see you have every right to be skeptical. I agree with everything you said.

Until any further developments, I'm just going to see how will these two develop the show's storylines. So far, I like them. :)  I told you - they probably are temporary, I just wonder how long will they last...

And when I mentioned new territory, maybe the Guild has some surprises coming our way regarding financial core writers. The probability is close to 0, but it's existent.

• Members

Whether they are a transitional team or the permanent team I am so far very happy with Griffith and Arena Bell's work.

I think SONY was 'over' the Bill Bell era team which is why they allowed LML to overrun the show with her primetime pals. Now, having seen what a year without *anyone* from the Bell era around has done to the show it appears that SONY has come to it's senses with Maria Arena Bell.

My hope, however, is that Kay Alden will ride back into Genoa City as a consulting producer, the show needs her vetting.

• Members

God forbid! Not for another five years, at least! :D If I see her name in the credits, I'm going to scream!

By the way, how much time usually passes until SOW or any other magazine publishes an interview with the newly-appointed head writers?

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Feb 23 2008, 12:31 AM)
The Y&R anniversary book has apicture of Trent Jones. He has a beard, but still looked good 10 years ago. I'll try and scan the picture for Toups.

And this is all you have to say about Bell and Griffith? :mellow:

• Members

I don't know that I like Josh Griffiths on Y&R so much. When he was on One Life to Live with Michael Malone the show was a huge disaster. I don't know if Malone or Griffiths was to blame, but Griffiths should have been able to stop Malone from introducing so many new characters, killing off so many beloved favorites and alienating everyone.

• Members

I believe Korbel can do great but he just needs to get away from NotColleen.

I think it was stupid to get Victoria pergnant right after she lose a baby & then have the baby turn out to be JT. They are so boring.

I love what you said about White-washed Lily. Did you ever notice al lthe relationships she been in it never about her but about the guys. People don't care if she get hurts because it really about the guys in the relationship.

I can't comment on Heather or Karen. Maybe if they can backburn or get rid of white wash Lily I'll probably will watch Y&R.

• Members

To be fair Malone without Griffith is a disaster--the two combined have done some magic--in the 90s it was when Griffith left (around 1995?) that the show fell apart during his last year. Malone's not good period at Another World was without Griffith. Then when they were rehired for OLTL for the first half year it was just Griffith and he made the show, if not grat, much more interesting, then it was Maloen as HIS associate and it was pretty good. When malone (for whatever reason) became full ehadwriter again and then ultimately Griffith left earl;y (apparantly due to ABC dictating story) and Maloen was alone it was AWFUL.

Griffith isn't perfect but as much respect as I have for Malone (his books are amazing as is much of his soap ideas) I think Friffith is the one who's really made his writing on OLTL compelling

• Members

I wrote that before reading the rest of the thread/ I don't have much else to say about Bell/Griffith. I think they're a good transitional team, but the show still needs a lot of work and a new vision. Hopefully a new vision that doesn't include Amber and revamps neglected/poorly utilized characters like Paul, Michael, Kevin, Lauren, Daniel, Jill, Katherine, etc. I want much needed older characters to return ala Nina, Phillip IV, Lorie (written properly), Drucilla, Olivia, Christine, Danny, etc. I just need something bold and fresh, while still being Y&R. Kinda like what happened to B&B last year with the Logan's and Ashley. Had the show continued on that track it would be in great shape.

Right now I still FF the show and find it boring in places. I also don't believe RavenWhitney when he/she says they are LML's successors. RavenWhitney has been wrong with just about every piece of scoop posted. Remember him/her saying Kay Alden and Brad Bell hated each other? Obviously that hate was deep since Kay went FiCore for him!

Archived