Y&R New Headwriters Confirmed by SOD

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know some people were hoping for someone from the olden days, but I understand why that didn't happen. IMO, Jack Smith's tenure was a million times better than LML's. However, his Y&R could accurately be described as solid, but boring. Then LML took it to the other extreme and made the show unrecognizable. I think Griffith/Bell is the best of both worlds. Griffith is someone new to Y&R (and very talented) who can do what Sony wanted LML to do and break with the formula a bit. Maria Arena Bell is someone who knows what the Bell vision of the show is and how to apply that to Griffith's Y&R. This combination can keep Y&R up with the times while not alienating longtime viewers.

• Members

I don't think they're going to be writing Y&R for the long-term. They're more a transitional team to me, until they name someone official. I'm waiting until Toups can confirm it or if Sony/CBS/Bell releases a statement on the matter.

Griffith and Bell have been a good team thus far, but I don't think Sony is going risk their relationship with the WGA by keeping two Fi-Core writers in such high positions.

• Members

I got my copy of the B&B Anniversary book yesterday. (Interesting...because I think that was published last Spring, which is when I ordered it. Then I forgot it about it...and now it arrived yesterday).

It seems to me there was a decent picture of Maria Arena Bell (not a head shot, but close up). If I'm right, I'll scan it in and share it.

• Members

Griffith and Bell are not temporary placeholders; they are the successors to Latham and co. This was predetermined before the strike. It was widely reported the week the strike began that she was gone. No real surprises. The mystery is the DOOL writing regime. That's a big mess.

• Members

With new people in charge now I'm hoping for a cast house cleaning.

There is way too many characters that are a waste of air time and space on the show.

Please get rid of Korbel and Australian Colleen...Tv's most boring couple...EVER.

Dump the runners-up, JT and Victoria too.

(Maybe keep Vic...just light a fire under her ass or something)

She's just so timid.

Where's her balls at?

Heather needs to go.

Her whiney-ness ways have worked my last nerve.

I sleep through white-washed Lily scenes.

Watching Cane and Lily put me to sleep faster than sleeping pills.

Get him away from her.

She's killing him!

Brad? Nice ass...and that's about it.

Karen? She could grow on me with time I guess, but let's just end it now.

I just don't see the rooting value in these people.

Why should I care about them and their lives?

Why should I watch them?

Cause right now I don't.

I channel flip.

Get some interest back in this place.

• Members

Can you confirm all of this for sure? You're information hasn't been 100% reliable in the past (as we all know).

Until Toups can confirm it or CBS, Sony, or Bell releases a statement, I still think they're a transitional team.

The #1 soap that's distributed by Sony employing two Fi-Core writers as its HW's for the long-term? Sounds too far fetched to be true to me.

Archived