AMC: Newbie fired

• Members

Bobby Steggart (Sam) has been fired. No re-cast.

I don't really mind, they have to cut people. And he's one who could go. But he's not my number 1 choice: Anita, Josh, and Amanda all should have gone 1st.

And why did they fire him? Because apparently he has no story without Edmund and Maria. Yet they put him on contract after Edmund was gone and after they knew Eva was leaving. I swear Frons, McT and JHC haven't got a brain cell between them. So now Julia has even fewer connections to the show. Really, really smart.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ITA. Not to mention he does have more family that alot of other characters. Ruth, Joe, Tad, Palmer, Brooke (kind of...would have liked to have seen that explored more). Could you imagine how interesting it would have been to really see Sam get to know his adopted family....bring Kelsey back etc. But that's so not McTavish. Broderick though would have gone with that.

But hey, one less character that's an obstacle to this Lavery mess. I'm convinved the Jonathan thing has kind of forced them to get rid of Sam. No way could they both live in the same town.

• Members

It just seems weird how they are so quick to get rid of some people while others seem to have nine lives. Sam was not a priority firing. Definitely no big loss, but there was potential. No potential with Anita. None.

I guess I'm a little ticked bc I was sure the blind item about a newbie leaving was Amanda :(

And WTH is happening with Danielle?

• Members

I think they are keeping Anita around so that it still makes a little since for Julia to be in PV. I dont see any Santoses left this time next year. I wish they would get rid of Julia, Anita, Ethan, Danielle, Simone, and all of the other unused characters to throw some money towards Cady McClain. I dont dislike Ethan, Danielle, or Simone but, with the exeption of Julia Barr, I dont see the point of paying actors if they are not used or they dont have a story in the works. I think in Brooke's case they should be developing a story. But all of the non-vets with no story are pointless to keep around.

• Members

yeah thats what I thought. When I read the heading I was hoping Anita but then rememebred she wasnt a newbie. I loved Sam and the show should have explored him more as a Cortlandt and Martin. They didnt. I was hoping his relationship with Julia would be explored too but thats not going to happen

Archived