Juno

Jonathan

• Members

Hey guys,

If you haven't already checked out this movie, please make an effort to do so. I saw it yesterday and it really is the best movie of 2007. The young woman in it, Ellen Page, is an amazing actress (probably the best of her generation) and will no doubt be nominated for an Oscar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I (finally) saw it on Friday and pretty much loved it.

I know a lot of detractors are slamming the dialogue for being too "witty" and "over-articulate" for teenagers, but I didn't have a problem w/ it. Yes, dolts & dumbasses dominate today's youth, but I do think there are a few that are just natural, articulate smartasses. ;)

Ellen Page was amazing, as was the whole cast. I was most taken, however, by the performances of Jennifer Garner & Jason Bateman. Their storyline was so raw, and heartbreaking. They did a bang up job with the material. I think the scene w/ Page & Bateman dancing in the basement was the best scene in the entire film.

Overall, well done! Bummed it lost the Globes last night, but honest to God, who gives a crap about the Globes anyway?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Well I saw juno yesterday and I wasn't impressed with Jen's acting, it was the same ole same ole from when she played sydney bristow on alias except the character was more anal. Does anyone know if thats JG's real-life daughter violent when vanessa is in the mall playing with the little girl? It looks like her and those dimples really make me think it was violet. Ellen page was great in this movie and stole every scene.

Archived