2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am very careful with labelling - e.g. I think I only called one writer a hack (Lynn Latham), even though many others deserve the same title. I don't want to accuse people without evidence and I'm not here to ruin people's careers, but I think the Guild should resolve these matters. And fast! Immediately.

• Members

Is Janice Ferri Esser back at Y&R?

This comes from Jeanne Cooper's latest interview, and she mentions that Janice Ferrari wrote an upcoming episode/storyline. I assume Ferrari is really Ferri, and they've just misspelled it, and Cooper said that Janice Ferrari was a writer on the show back in its "heyday."

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/article/art...s_article_id=23

• Members

If it's true that Bradley wasn't impressed with her work and let her go, she might be back on only Y&R alone. If not, I guessed she exercised that option in her contract.

Jeanne Cooper wouldn't lie about a writer, so I guess Janice came back to Y&R rather abruptly. I guess we'll be seeing her first episode back later this month or early next month.

• Members

Janice is still listed as a Script Writer on B&B's website (which has been recently updated to reflect Kay Alden's promotion).

Remember how Thom Racina was saying the Y&R writing staff was sort of in a crunch and that he'd been writing extra scripts, I wonder if perhaps MAB didn't reach out to Janice knowing that she had that option in her contract?

Archived