The View...

JackPeyton

• Members

So i KNOW I'm not the only one on here who watches The View.

I love this show, however i think Sherri S. needs to do. She doesn't add a thing to the show. her dumb comments are not cute or funny. she obviously has no idea about anything she is talking about and her attitude is awful. i cant stand this woman.. on this show.

and also, Whoppi. I like her, but i feel like instead of being the moderator on the show shes the narrator. she needs to tone it down and cut it back, IMHO.

and as much as i hate her Liz needs to come back asap.

Now... if SS were to be outed who would you want as a new co host? My top pick would be Ricki Lake.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am not the biggest fan of this lineup. There is something missing in the chemsitry of the group, I don't know if its Sherri or what. I always wanted Nancy Grace on there, but that wasnt going to happen since she has her own show. There are too many comedians in this group and they need a journalist or laywer type to balance it out.

• Members

You hit it, IMHO. to many people on this lineup are pro comedians. WG, SS, JB. Also, wasnt the original idea to have 5 diff woman in 5 diff age ranges from diff backgrounds and what not? We have three pro comedians, who are also all divorced. Im not saying there is anything wrong with that because they all do have diff views, but still.

I do think Joy is perfect for this show and should stay. Same for Barbara. However the other three are extreamly disposable and forgetable. Rosie was great for the show, but she was also a bit too much. I would love to see them pull someone like Nancy Grace or Suzie Orman on the pannel. Id also like to see Ricki Lake as well, when she co hosted she was amazing. Plus you can tell she is well educated on things and woulkdnt just talk and try to backtrack when wrong - like Sherri. Id also like to see a lawyer on the pannel.

So if we could get a lineup of Babs, Joy, Ricki, A Laywer or Dr maybe, Elizabeth, And then a NG/SO type. Yes that would be 6, however they could rotate between Babs and one of them like they did in the start.

• Members

No! I love Sherri. She's so funny. I think Sherri has a lot to learn in the world, and with some time, she will get better. Do you remember Elisabeth Hasselbeck when she first started? She was awful! People were saying the exact same thing; that she doesn't add anything to the panel. And then, one day, she opened her mouth and said something about supporting Republicans and George Bush, and suddenly, she becamse a huge asset to the panel. Now, she is the show's Conservative representative.

I think that will happen to Sherri right now. I think that Sherri tries very hard to get into the conversations, but due to a lot of her ignorance, and Barbara Walters talking down to her, she is unable to successfully look like she knows what she is doing. And by talking down, I think that Barbara humiliates Sherri at times, whether it's intentional or not. Just the things she says to Sherri, it's like she is constantly reminding Sherri that she is above her and that if Sherri screws up, Barbara will can her ass. And you can say that it's because Sherri doesn't know when to shut her mouth and talks nonsence, but it's her opinion and her view. That's what the show is about. It's no different than what Joy does, but you never see Barbara jump down Joy's throat like she does Sherri, and to Elisabeth at times.

As for Whoopi, I hate her. I don't like her in the moderator position and I think she needs to be replaced. It's nothing against Whoopi personally. I just don't think she fits, and the panel looks out of place with her there. I think Whoopi is too straight to the point, and isn't one that can take a joke when it's not her joke. That's the vibe I get from her. Sherri may say something, or comment on something in a humorous way and Whoopi goes off and tries to educate Sherri rather than talk to her. She does the same to the rest of the panel as well.

On a personal note, I think the biggest problem is Barbara. I would love to see her fulfill her producing duties more and leave the screen all together. I hate the days when she is there. I'm always disappointed when I don't hear them announce a special guest host at the beginning, because I know that means Barbara will be there for the day. She just comes off as a bitch to me, and I never noticed that until after Star Jones-Reynolds was gone, and then Rosie left. Barbara tries so hard to make it look like she's not in charge of the show, that it comes off more proving that she is charge.

I love your idea of having Nancy Grace on the panel. Could you imagine the debates she and Elisabeth would get into? Wow! But I don't think she would be a good moderator. She's such a bitch, and anyone that has a differing opinion than her would be shut out immediately. A good moderator can't do that. That's why Whoopi sucks. That's why Rosie sucked. They're too dominant in their opinions and to hell with everyone else. Meredith was willing to listen to everyone. She got along with everyone and that is why she worked well as the mod.

Who would I choose as a mod? Honestly, I thought that Gayle King did a fine job when she was given the mod job a few times this past year. She was willing to hear from everyone. She never talked over anyone, yet she was able to keep the discussions on-topic and to the point. I know that they were really trying to get Gayle onto the show, and I don't know if negotiations fell through or what. But that's who I think would do a fine job as the mod.

The rest of the panel should stay as is. I think that Joy is wonderful in her role as the cranky bitch with humor. Sherri brings more light-hearted comedy that's quickly to the point and she's hilarious at some of the things she says. The audience loves her. Elisabeth isn't going anywhere until she finally gets her own show on Fox News Channel. My only hope is that the rumors are true and this will be Barbara's last year on the show. One can dream, right?

• Members

Elizabeth is getting old to be the "young" voice. Isnt she in her 30s now? I say they ax her and get someone in their 20s.

I love Sherri adn she needs to stay. She does come across as ignorant at times but she's funny and adds humor to the panel.

I dont find Whoopi funny at all and dont think she's an asset. I say ax her and bring in Ricki Lake or Nancy Grace as moderator

• Members

Id keep Elizabeth, even tho i cant stand the woman. She does offer a diff View than the rest. That is enough to keep her, IMHO. Plus shes the only married one.

Sherri i love - but not on the view. her high moral act doesnt hold up with me. he seems fake and trys to hard.

I agree about whoopi. I think Ricki would be a great mod.

Archived