ATWT Wednesday November 21

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Let's do away with the logic of bad soap writing for just a minute. Is associating with people who put your underage child in harm's way something to file under doing what-the-hell-you-please? :rolleyes: I know we have inalienable rights in this country, but give me a break! Even if it's not about Jack, what about JJ? Forgiveness doesn't mean she has to be Kit's business buddy. It made much more sense for her to offer Katie her settlement money out of guilt. If Carly doesn't even have boundaries where her children are concerned (not that THAT wasn't clear by now) then she might as well be a wild animal. It's not like the circumstances are forcing her to make these ass-backwards choices.

• Members

My take on the whole Noah and Luke situation is that we've seen so much of Luke's feelings for Noah, but not so much the other way around. I'm not doubting that Noah has some feelings for Luke, but I have to wonder how serious they are. I mean, like stenbeck said, Noah just stood there as Winston took shots at the boy he supposedly loves. I don't get it.

I will go to my grave saying that the show missed a golden opportunity by just introducing Noah as Cheri's out and proud son. We had coming out angst with Luke, we didn't need a round two with Noah. It would have been refreshing to have him be completely sure of his sexuality. I can picture Luke being attracted to a young man like that, someone who is willing to protect him at all costs. But no. Why do that when you can have another Sheffer-inspired cartoonish villain?

• Members

You've summed up my opinion from the beginning of this tale. Luke had enough problems with Lily, Damian, and even Holden (who didn't completely get his sexuality). Noah should have been just the opposite, a confident guy with a family that showed up the Snyders for their ignorance. There may be relationships like Nuke's in real life, but having seen Luke's angst in 2006 required that his boyfriend be the antidote in 2007. From a storytelling point of view, there was no evolution. Luke used Jade as a cover, and then Noah used Maddie! I'll never understand it.

• Members

And they bonded over using people they cared about as covers. It makes sense, but it's just so...ugh...unnecessary, when it's a soap and there are people who are in full control of what it is that draws these two characters together.

It would have been just great for Noah's family to be proud and fully supportive of him. Cheri would be his mother, Winston wouldn't be anywhere in sight...Cheri could have a sister in vein of OLTL's Roxy. They'd be somewhat trashy, but they'd have good morals and a good sense of what family and love really mean. They wouldn't be main characters, mind you, but they'd be recurring guests who pop in every now and then. They could write out Henry and Vienna and Noah's aunt could own Al's, and they'd spend holidays at the farm...see what I mean? I can think of something way more interesting that what's on the air just by sitting here.

• Members

Well, the only reason Carly offered the check to Katie was because she assumed Katie had taken Jack back.

Do I wish Carly had some tangible "proof" Kit wasn't just blowing smoke up her skirt? Sure. My point was, Carly doesn't have to run things past Jack anymore, they are divorced. Unless we get into some really stupid writing, Carly's not expecting Kit to babysit her kids. How is Kit any more dangerous to her children than "Uncle" Craig, who has been semi-living with them at the farm from time to time? Or some of the other "visitors" at the farm? (Paul? Vienna? Winston?)

As long as Carly doesn't push JJ to accept Kit as his new best friend (like Jack did with Katie) and ignore what ever JJ has to say about it (again, like Jack did...) I don't think it makes Carly some "wild animal" aka, bad mother. She's teaching her children a valuable lesson...bad decisions don't always define who a person is.

• Members

I think that's what the point was. Carly wanted forgiveness(another chance) for what she did. Kit wanted the same thing and Carly at first didnt want to give her that. Then she realized she was doing the same thing Jack was doing to her.

• Members

I wouldn't think anyone would need convincing that Carly is a bad mother, or that some things aren't to be forgiven. Of course it's not about gaining Jack or JJ's approval, because nobody should have to tell Carly what decisions to make where her children are concerned. But anybody could get paid handsomely to do it, since it would be a full time job. Forgiveness is one thing, gut level instinct is another. Suppose Elizabeth Smart's parents started a business with her kidnappers' accomplices. You'd be like "SAY WHAT???" You wouldn't say it's okay because the culprit was drunk. Yeah, drunk for EVERY SINGLE DAY the of the Idaho plot. Kit was so bossy, I didn't realize the bar was actually running itself! :rolleyes: Perhaps Carly should have taken out another mortgage to pay for her rehab and complete her streak of generosity. I have always hated unholy alliances on soaps, unless somebody's being blackmailed to high heavens. Somebody has to be infinitely stupid for them to work. For the writers, anyway. I would SO run to child protective services if I were Jack! :lol:

• Members

Not all alcoholics are passed out in gutters. Some do manage to function enough to earn a living. It's not as if Kit were running a multi-million dollar company.

I think you kind of made my point. It's about Carly's "gut level" instinct. Right now, she's willing to believe Kit. And really "accomplice to kidnapping" could be on half the residents of Oakdale's resumes. I don't see Jack forbidding Meg from having contact with his children. I don't like it; but it doesn't make Carly a bad mother, any more than Lily's bedding Dusty, who not too long ago was bedding her neice and involved in Aaron's temporary paralysis.

• Members

Ugh I hate that Carly was alone on Thanksgiving, Jackass is pissing me off these days, and I wish Brad would have beat his ass more than he did :D

Henry & Vienna are nothing but props for the Katie and Jack gag fest

I'm starting to hate Meg, and I hope the baby IS Craig's because she doesn't want him to be the father :D

I'm really liking Brad these days

• Members

So, Professor, do you teach classes in Perfect Objectivity? :rolleyes:

I've never had any problem admitting Carly is often wrong. I won't be surprised if this alliance with Kit backfires in her face, and Jack has to rush in and "save" her. And I won't be surprised if Metro succeeds and Kit becomes a recurring character. The ONLY thing that would surprise me is Jack admitting down the road that Carly giving Kit a chance was a good thing.

Archived