All: How would a writers strike affect daytime?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If the Writers Guild of America strike last longer than 100 days, Frons will be tempted to reduce AMC to 30 minutes, and possibly OLTL. Disney doesn't have it in them to cancel any of the 3 shows outright.

As for GL & ATWT, neither of them will survive a long strike. GL lost its core audience in 2004, it's ratings so far this year are terrible, and PGP seems to really want out of the business. ATWT has been in the gutter for more than a year now, and it don't see PGP forking over at least $52 million to keep the sagging ATWT afloat. This might also cause CBS to panic and increase B&B to an hour. I do not know if CBS is willing to give their affiliates another two hours when GL & ATWT are cancelled.

With DOOL being the sole show on NBC Daytime, it definately won't survive a long strike. Zukcer, who was promoted yet again this year, stated that it is highly unlikely that DOOL will air past its 2009 renewal date on NBC (ie it will be cancelled). Will another net pick it up? Syndication?

What do I get from this? Daytime is dying.

• Members

(mental note to myself... breath...)

okay. so im not trying to start a argument or fight or bash anyone or anything but...

why do you in every single post you make say daytime is dying. guess what? we got it. why must you turn everything into a debate about daytime? why cant you just discuss daytime soaps? if you want to outright bash them go to DTS: Love/hate and create a thread to bash them. but please dont do thyis in every thread, as sooner than later no one is even going to discuss anything with you. you just seem to be trying to make us all have a negative view on soaps, keep bringing up the same thing, and only bash anythign and everything.

you to offer strong views and always back them up, and i respect that. however if you contenue to just bash and try to make this board negative i, and i assume lots of others, will just hit the ignor button. the only reason i have not yet is because i do like to for the most part read ur views and whatnot on topics. but at this point its all just blended into on thoguht and view of "daytime IS dying.

mods, i hope i didnt break any rules of SON, if so sorry.

Archived