Writer's Strike Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yay for LML! :P Since Les Moonves already said he's going to sue and stop paying MIA showrunners, I wonder if LML could return post-strike? I just worry about the fact that some writers are chosing to stay. LML's entire staff pretty much sucks, but wouldn't they stick with her? Maybe the pre-LML writers are the ones staying. It would be devastating if Scott Hamner took over in her absense. He's worse than her.

• Members

Josh Griffith?

I couldn't begin to speculate on the identity of one considering it (though I'm pretty sure it isn't Scott Hamner, Bernie Lechowick or James Stanley), but I tend to suspect the two who have opted for fin-core are Jeff Gottesfield & Cherie Bennett. They have active writing careers outside the WGA (w/ books, plays, magazine articles, etc.), so not being full members probably wouldn't hurt them all that much.

Tom Casiello. I'd be willing to bet money on that, lol.

I know many want to find the silver lining here, but I think "going fin-core" hurts the writers and their cause(s) more than helps.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Nov 13 2007, 01:15 AM)
It would be devastating if Scott Hamner took over in her absense. He's worse than her.

Get ready for Victor Newman to have psychic visions and mind alterations if that ever happens.

Can you imagine Eric Braeden behind the scenes, trying to be the HW after that?

Eric(to Scott Hamner): That's my chair...I like it...I'm gonna sit in it!

• Members

LOL! at Latham's desk being cleaned out! What good news! I so hope her ass is fired when this strike is officially over. Sony and CBS have got to be pissed that she could continue at least her EP duties, but refuses too. I'm sure they'll be looking around for an replacement, I wouldn't bank on Scott Hammer and Josh Griffith.

• Administrator

He was my guess too. Other than LML, there's no other writer-producer on Y&R.

I'd take your bet, then I'd win. LOL If you've been reading his blogs at the welovethesoaps blogspot, he's really behind the WGA. Plus, Tom's a pretty young guy (early 30's), so I'm sure he'd want to stay in the guild.

Here's his latest blog: http://welovesoaps.blogspot.com/2007/11/mo...ns-cleared.html

I think those who will choose to go on financial core are people who are about to retire or people who will get out of the soap business soon and do something else.

• Members

My bet is Josh Griffith for the writer/producer going financial core.

I'm also thinking Jim Gottesfeld and Cherie Bennett. However, if 77 year old Eric Freiwald and his partner Linda Schreiber are still at the show, I'd put my money on him because he's 77, what does he care if he makes the WGA angry.

Hopefully Scott Hamner, Bernard Lechowick and James Stanley are all standing in solidarity with LML. Really, this is the sort of news that makes my day. Note to Sony, CBS and Bell Dramatic: Fire her ass and the collective asses of her team!

And like I've said in regards to Brad Bell: he's got double the shows done and double the scripts written of any soap, he can walk the picket lines, he'll be fine, B&B will go on.

• Members

It depends on the kind of contract. If both jobs are based on different contracts, which is highly unlikely, Sony had no grounds to oust her as producer except that for being unreliable in one field it could also serve a valid reason to terminate the employment at once because she showed bad character.

However, if Lethal Lynn has an employment contract making her both headwriter and executive producer it is a a balance issue whether her producer work weighs higher than that of her being producer meaning she is in major breach because her strike right as a writer remains untouched. Basically Sony is definitely entitled to damages from LML for not working as a producer (Bless us! ;) ) but everything else is up in the air which the best attorney winning the fight. My advise to Sony and us poor viewers is to get an mandatory injunction ASAP which the hack hopefully ignores so that a future firing will be facilitated enormously...

Archived