Nielsen Y&R Survey

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:rolleyes:<_<

You trying watching a show you've watched almost all your life and can't recognize it anymore. That's how I feel about Y&R, and if you like it fine, I don't care. I believe you said you've only been watching for a couple of years, so you can't possibly grasp the connection many of us here have to the REAL Y&R.

• Members

Have you noticed how unsusally large the Y&R writing credits are? They're likely a product of massive rewrites, and this past summer, Y&R had to shut its studio down to rework certain storylines. CBS must now realize that things are not perfect on this show, and viewer outrage must be growing. Hopefully, this survey is a step in the right direction, and a sign that Latham and her team of hacks don't have much longer on the show.

• Members

Now this I didn't know. Does anyone know which storylines needed to be tweaked? And Yes I have notice the many writers on the show. But why all the rewrites, who's re writing what? and why not let go of the writers that are not making the cut. Also IS Y&R the only soap whose writers change on a daily?

• Members

Empirically, nobody cares to ask the fans what they want when the chips are down. That sparks my suspicion. P&G advertised a viewer feedback hotline before their credits in the 90s, when their soaps weren't nearly as horrendous as they are now. Now they link Nielsen surveys to the Y&R website at a time when fans are furious with TPTB, even though it's the top rated soap? THAT is either brave or stupid.

• Members

Does anything trump Nielsen TV ratings? Is there something more powerful that profits? Do these so-called polls, surveys truly count for something? If the feedback from Y&R is overwhelmingly negative, will anything significant be done to improve the show's quality? What do you all think?

Archived