ATWT: Monday Discussion

• Members

Discuss :)

Today's show was pretty good IMO. I still can't stand Sofie or Cole though, and further proof that Jean Pissante is a hack, what kind of reveal was that to Gwen that Carly was dieing how weak was that.

One thing I really liked today was the fact that we had tons of sets today, nice seeing the courthouse again, it really does add to the storyline when we see the court proceedings taking place instead of just hearing about them. I must say though I would much rather see Lily and Holden's house come back than seeing a new house for Jack and Katie.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Uh, an average show. The Ro/Paul et al stuff was just horridly lame...and Scott Bryce practically laughing as Ro lied just wrecked the entire scene for me. (Although it was a very Craig thing to do...but unfortunately, it was a Hunt-as-Craig thing to do, and I loathed most of Hunt's portrayal.)

What else was on? Sophie/Cole/Gwen...yeah. Um, when is Gwen going to get a clue? SHE doesn't have any right to tell Sophie and Cole how to live their lives. If someone, ANYONE had ever talked to her, and interfered in her relationship with Will the way she has, she'd have chewed them a new [!@#$%^&*], whether that person had a VALID point or not. I was thrilled when Sophie finally told her to shut up, and stop making the situation worse.

Carly...LOVE her. Even tolerated Brad, who's turned himself into quite the little friend. But the Gwen/Carly reveal was disappointing..."God...this sucks"???? Boy, truer words were never spoken.

Katie/Kack....GAWD. Barf-inducing. Empty, soulless, plot pointing at it's worst. There's a point that TIIC have to make a CHOICE and stick with it, for better or worse. The longer this drags out, the more obvious it is that TIIC don't really CARE how much they've destroyed Jack to rehabilitate Katie. And that makes me sad.

• Members

Amen to that PJ. Barf-inducing to infinity. "Honey, I'm home", "Ohhh, hi honey"...Oooo, you mean you wanna "do it" HERE??? "Kay!" Yuck and double yuck! :angry: And you could not have spoken truer words than in your next to last sentence, Jack has been destroyed in an effort to redeem Katie and purchase her absolution for all the people she's hurt and helped destroy...not the least of which are Jack's own children...those same children she now claims to love so much. Seems just a few short months ago she was shrugging her shoulders and saying "too bad" when Mike reminded her that Jack and Carly's children would be the most hurt by her vendetta against Simon, and she said to Mike "well, if it results in Simon going to jail, then it's worth it." And this is the woman Jack is now MARRIED TO?? And shouting all over town how much he LUVS??? Sad, and pathetic and it makes Jack look like the biggest fool in town. :angry:

• Members

Today's show was just blah. Nothing really caught my interest today. Cole and Sofie need to be fired. They serve no purpose on the show. Cole is such an unlikeable character. Sofie is a wimp. It was nice seeing Babs. The show was just plain boring.

• Members

The ONLY thing that keeps me going is eventually Katie will get her karmic retribution, when she realizes Jack's vows to her were as empty as her vows to Mike. (Or as empty as the writers made them after she screwed Simon...) Unfortunately, she will play the victim in all of this...I only hope she remembers her "advice" to Carly..."if you love him, let him go."

I don't know where this leaves Jack...I keep waiting for the turning point, where Jack just decides to stop doing what's "best" and starts doing what he WANTS to do. Every time I think the tide is turning, they give me some horribly "Jack soothes Katie's fears" plot point moment, which makes him look like almost as big a user as Paul. Honestly, if the point is that Katie is IN the marriage alone, stop having Jack act like he gives a [!@#$%^&*] where he lives with Katie right now. Throw me a FRIGGIN' bone. :lol:

Where did Babsy come from? I must not have been paying attention. Suddenly, Ro pulls her coma-induced dream vs. reality moment, and Babs jumps up from behind Paul. :huh:

• Members

I'm sorry, what? I wasn't paying attention to todays show except for some of Carly. So Gwen knows and all she said was "it sucks?" FREAKING WRITERS! I know two powerhouse actors were disappointed to read that script. How about something like, "I just got to know you and your leaving me?" *tears* lots of crying. That's how I would wrote it. Jean never cease to amaze me. *sarcasm*

• Members

LOL...I think I edited it in. And I agree, JS, it sucks that this "Cole is my brother" and "Hey, Ro, Gwen's my other sister" reveals were handled so blase-ly. C'mon...Gwen has an older brother...and there's no explanation about where this kid was during the "Carly could have killed a baby" story? Or where he came from? UGH....why bother to make him Gwen's brother?

Carly's illness could have been a mini-umbrella story, giving the show a united feeling, if only for a month or so, and spinning existing stories in new directions. Instead, Carly's illness is mostly about Katie's anxiety, and being unable to express that to Jack, since she's so "mature". Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not about Carly too...but suddenly Carly is more concerned about Jack's "happiness" than trying to find any kind of treatment.

Archived