GH Discussion: Week of the 24th

• Members

I liked Nikolas and Gia but I thought GH was very dark during that period. The whole brainwashed Lucky s/l had a strange tone and deep freeze Stavros was good looking but ultra creepy. RKK played it so creepy that I couldn't buy into how Carly and Gia conversed with him at various times without picking up on that vibe.

They probably could have done something with the character had they not introduced that creepy factor but after he killed Chloe so easily he was done. Giving him a semblance of a heart towards the end must have been meant to cause Nikolas emotional turmoil over his choices.

I would choose Emily without any thought but I'm no fan of the character and NL does absolutely nothing for me.

Nikolas is useful. Sam not so much but now that she's being weaned off Jason, she might turn into a better character. They need to find a direction for her though.

Probably true about her not being missed by any of the other characters but maybe if they give her some direction though.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked the scenes but I didn't feel sorry for him. He wanted her to hold on to the farce of a marriage and he was hurt that she didn't. Had he not slept with Sam then he'd be more sympathetic. What's funny about all of this is how for weeks he would follow this pattern of running to or into Sam but suddenly he can find his way to Nikolas and then back home without seeking out his newfound friend. This makes him appear as more of a jerk for sleeping with Sam because regardless of it being between consensual adults, he was clearly using her to try and make Elizabeth jealous. This fact is not negated by whatever Sam's intentions were. Now he'll go back to her for comfort sex until he possibly realizes he cares for her like a tired cliche. The only unknown is whether he will find out about Sam's misdeeds before or after hid confession of deep feelings.

I think she is just torn between wanting to be with Jason and wanting to provide the best environment for her children. She seemed to think that marriage to Lucky was the best choice for her kids but that was obviously a bad idea. I think her conflict concerning her marriage was between wanting it to work but not having her heart in it since she is in love with Jason. She seemingly didn't have enough confidence in herself to raise her kids on her own so she did need Lucky to be the one to end it. Yes, she is a coward when it comes to that. But she took the ball and ran with it once he said the word. In that moment they wanted two different things: he wanted her to want him and to fight for him and she wanted to end it.

I'm glad they brought the travesty to an end. Carly finding out about Jake is going to be more interesting than Lucky finding out.

• Members

ugh i know whiney carzilla is back in town..

wow got to give it to GV and Lucky.. he did awesome and loved Nik & Lucky :(

it just makes me scream that the second time they were getting married.. you just KNEW it would end like this.. and that's when I dumped ll2.

i dont freakin' need jason & spinelli on my screen 24/7!

• Members

okay. here my thoughts, for what they are worth...

Jason/Liz/Lucky/Sam - Liz was a woman in conflict. She has her perfect marrige ner perfect safe life. With a pill popping cheating hubby. She Couldnt take it anymore and was leaving. She went to her friend Jason, as she has in the past. Well one thing led to another and they did it. Then Lucky decided to get clean. Liz wasnt having it n taking him back, but after time he showed her he could do it. Then she found out she was preg. Yes not telling him was wrong, but she made a choice. The one she thought was best. Jason didnt want it out - he has seen what mike and morgan and kris have been through. He didnt want that for his child.

Sam, shes a trailor trash whore and always will be. I love her and all - but i never fel sorry for her. She causes everything to happen to herself. He playing this innocent act makes me LOL. and as for Lucky, please hun get over yourself. Hes now like a whinny 12 yearold girl.

And yes i do love Liz/Jason.... but i will always love Liz/Lucky more.

Lulu & Her Worlds- I lvoe lulu, and its 99% due to JMB in the role. I loved her and logan, actually her and anyguy they gte with ehr has been good, IMO. I loved maxie/Logans affair and how it ripped Lulu/Logan apart and showed that Maxie was correct from the start with Coop - she would ruin it. I also LOVE that they have Lulu in the mob part of the show. I love her scenes with jason Sonny and carly. So i cant wait to see more of this playout - but i want more of Maxie!!

NickEm- borring, as always. just end it and send Nick to someone intersting and show Em in the hospital.

CarJax- i loved them in the start. but now... end it!! i wish GH woulda dove into the male rape. thats so hardly ever done. it coulda been a great storyline, IMO.

I am loving GH right now actually.

• Members

Loving GH right now!

Lucky and Liz are divorcing. :D Its also sad though because they had so much history together! :(

I love Spenelli. He is too cute! He really does care for LuLu. If Lulu/Spanelli hook up I would not mind. :D

I like Nik/Emily. They are so cute together!

The thing I hate about this show right now though is Carly/Jax. Can we s boring.

• Members

So my BF and I are watching GH today and he asks me why the kid from Small Wonder and the chef from Hell's Kitchen are on. I never thought about this, but Jerry Jax does look like Gordon Ramsey, especially when he is screaming.

I like the Nikolas sl. He obviously needs a doctor (Dr Robin!) to check him out for post traumatic stress. I just want to slap Emily though

Nice how Lucky and Liz told Cameron about the divorce, not that the kid will understand it.

Jax actually has a good plan. I would like to see him win over Sonny.

• Members

It may sound good in theory but these are mob guys...they'll just probably intimidate someone to keep it a secret. While I like Jax I find the whole concept of him even thinking that he can handle this situation laughable. Everytime he punches Jerry I'm like... :rolleyes:

Jerry may not be the greatest guy on the world but clearly hes better equipped to help out in this type of situation. Not that Jax or idiotic Carly would ever admit that.

I'm a huge Liason fan but I'm dreading the constant screaming by Carly against Elizabeth once she and Jason get together.

• Members

I love that LnL2 were able to leave with their diginity intact and not fighting or hating each other as I thought things were heading towards. Again Lucky broke my heart with the crying and the final scene with him asking Liz not to go. Too sad.

I really hate taht Carzilla is back. Im sick of her shrieking already

• Members

I'm one of those who aren't really moved by the end of Lucky and Elizabeth because they've been over for me since 1999. Maybe somewhere between then and now I missed this great love story that's supposed to make them destined for one another or maybe they forgot to tell it. I watched on and off over the years so I must have missed something. I don't know how long they were together before they got married the first time but their marriage didn't really last long. During their first year together there were drugs and infidelity and the ONS pregnancy. This second marriage was over before it began so the whole nostalgia thing seems very hyped to me. Exactly how long did they live in real bliss?

The writing as far as their relationship goes has been the pits since Lucky came back brainwashed and they never really connected. The one time I actually heard Emily say something applicable was when she told Elizabeth they weren't the kids on the docks or whatever where the gist of it was they weren't the Lucky and Elizabeth of '97-'99.

• Members

I'm an L&L2 person, so I hate a lot of the choices the writers have made over the last year, but I was pleased with how they ended it. It was definitely a moment of dignity for both characters, and let's face it, Lucky hasn't had a lot of those recently.

I was also pleased that the writers showed how much Lucky loves Cam. Judging by what they've done to the character, I wouldn't have been at all shocked if they re-wrote history and pretended that Lucky only cared about biological children (so they could make him the villain when Jake's paternity comes out), so I was happy to see that was not the case.

• Members

Actually they were together a year and a half before any of that stuff happened. Late 2004-summer of 2006 was great for them. They were happy and in love. They faced real problems and worked together as a couple as they were truly in sync with each other. They were pretty much a solif family unit with Cameron and things didnt begin to change till after Lucky's accident.

Lucky loves Cameron. Despite anything that happened with Liz, he truly loves that boy and GH has been showing that throughout the story, biology or not. Im glad bc Lucky/Cam scenes are so darn cute. They can make up for a horrible show and the one bright spot in this Jiz mess

• Members

Thanks for the info. So that means they had maybe 3-3.5 years on and off since Elizabeth was brought onto the show as a couple. There was at least a good five year block of time where Lucky wasn't in love with Elizabeth and I guess that's why I don't see them as anything more than first loves. The way they handled his return from the dead showed me that they weren't investing in them as a couple and this isn't how a couple that is supposed to find their way back to each other should be depicted.

Sometimes I wonder whether people fall in love with the idea of a couple to the point where they see them the same as always. For me a clear example on another show (OLTL) is Todd and Blair who are a forever couple on paper but quite another thing on screen. The idea of them is much better than the reality because the actors that created that "thing" aren't both on the show anymore and it just isn't there to me. I don't see the connection with Lucky and Elizabeth that was created when they became a couple that the actors brought. That dynamic is missing and has been since '99.

The connection that I'd expect to see from Lucky and Elizabeth based on how much their history is talked up is more evident with Jason and Elizabeth who have probably had more consistent interaction over the years since their characters met. Even though they've never been a couple. they've had the better story. I just think Lucky and Elizabeth were thrown back together because of lazy unimaginative writing to make Lucky and Maxie more dramatic. All the words about their history ring pretty hollow to me so I appreciate the end of this travesty. It's kind of like how Sam will say that she lived with Jason for three years and out of those three years, how long were they really together? The last year of their relationship doesn't count for much but it sounds like a lot of years when she says it.

• Members

well i am a huge liz/lucky fan - they r what got me hooked when i was in the 5thg rade.... i agree with you.

however it wasnt done for dramatic reasons involving maxie - liz/lucky were together again long before maxie n luckys affair.

liz/lucky are a great paper couple, and could be on screen.... however Liz & Jason have always had a better story, more of a passion, and i am also a huge Liz/Jason fan.

I dont get the Liz hate and Lucky love. I mean i love lucky and feel bad for him - but he made his own bed. I dont see liz as this heartless slefish bitch - thats sam. (who i also love)

Archived