GH Discussion: Week of the 24th

• Members

I guess my point is (if I even have one) is that I don't think that the writing showed or shows any commitment to them as a couple. For me that comes across as lazy writing that says based on the relationship they once had we'll just put them back together and find a reason to shatter them later on. Lucky and Elizabeth got together in a very touching way and they had the potential to endure but when they recast with JY, they set that completely aside. They had Elizabeth stick by him just so that they could put him with her sister who was brought back for that purpose. They recast Maxie with Danica Stuart (I'm guessing at the name) with the intention of pairing Lucky with Maxie but because she was a bust they went with the sister thing instead. It took them awhile but they finally got to play out their Lucky/Maxie affair. And I do think it made the s/l more dramatic that he was married to Elizabeth and not someone else but the writing was just that bad. I still believe that once they introduced Elizabeth to Jason, they gave them the story and the relationship that Lucky and Elizabeth should have had in terms of depth and connection.

The scenes of the night Jason and Elizabeth spent together should have been written for Lucky and Elizabeth finding their way back together. Instead it set the stage for the protracted end of two relationships and the beginning of the star crossed lovers saga which to some degree has been going on in an on/off fashion since they first crossed paths.

They'll probably go back to them again in a couple of years. Maybe the writing will have improved in terms of making them more believable together but GV and RH aren't really the right combo to me. For me they're more of a superficial pair than one with depth. They're doing what they're supposed to do but they aren't connecting to me. It's hard for me to explain but it's sort of like the characters are in pain over something else. They're interacting about the end of their marriage and I'm feeling as if they are two people commiserating over the end of their marriages to other people almost like when two people aren't listening to each other and are having separate conversations even though they appear to be talking to each other.

Even though I liked the scenes, I don't feel any pity for the character because I don't buy their story. That whole marriage was a farce from day one so you have Elizabeth sorry that she couldn't manufacture being in love with Lucky and Lucky trying to hold onto nothing. Jake could care less since he's a baby and Cameron will warm up to someone else like Jason easily.

Elizabeth is selfish but not heartless. She's one of those misguided characters with good intentions that come with tunnel vision. She's apparently a glutton for punishment because she didn't bolt when Lucky turned on her with the kidnapping thing.

Sam is selfish but she's not heartless either. She made Jason way too important to her happiness. I think that her watching the kidnapping could have been whitewashed because it some twisted way it would have been like Jason losing his son gave her satisfaction on the surface. They did her wrong when they had her hire those men because that's just hard to overlook. They basically had the character spend a year in denial as to the state of her relationship and the big payback is a joke. She and Lucky could potentially have something but there are two strikes against her walking in and then they cheapened them both for now.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I bet Carly will soon start to regret that she tried to push Jason away from Sam. As much as she hated her, she hates Elizabeth more and Sam was the lesser of 2 evils and her presence kept Jason from being with Liz. Carly will have to live with the fact that once again, her big mouth and meddling is about to give her what she wants the least. She should have stayed out of Sam/Jason's relationship at the end. Not that it would have changed things, but still she instigated and blew things up more than they had to be. Now she's going to get punished with Liz

I also found Diane to be hilarious. Give her a contract!

Love that Lucky and Liz are leaving as friends. I was hoping for a joint custody arrangement and hope Lucky works that out in the divorce but Liz says he can see the boys whenever he wants and I beleive her at least for now.

Ugh! Once again go away Emily. She had to come adn ruin those scenes with her presence

Please GH put Robin and Nik together! She is no longer with Patrick and I cant stand Emily anymore so I hope they finally put those 2 together bc this is something Ive wanted to see for 9 years. I think they could have potential

• Members

I think that the two of them have so much chemistry. I have wanted to see Nikolas and Robin together for so long. A good triange would be Patrick/Robin/Nikolas. And Emily can die.

Diane was awesome....I love her.

The whole Lulu. Spinelli, Georgie thing was so boring to me

• Members

OMG...

Jason had me crying today when he shouted at Carly. I was literally yelling, "YES! YES! YES!"

Just beautiful the words that he said today to her. He truly loves Elizabeth and you could feel the pain that he must be suffering right now.

Just heartbreaking stuff like that is what makes General Hospital #1 in my books.

Of course The Dumbo is at The Ho's apartment in record time to get some loving....sick loser. So much for his "love" for Liz. Lucky makes me wanna puke.

• Members

I thought the Lucky/Elizabeth scenes were a little better even though they lack the connection. He ruined everything he said when he prompttly landed on Sam's doorstep.

Spinelli was ruined today with the blind adoration of Lulu. It was almost painful to watch Georgie subject herself to that and I wish they would have had her tell him not to refer to her sister as the bad blonde one simply out of respect for the fact that they are sisters.

Sonny and Carly were priceless though. He gives Jason somewhat of a lecture on being a good father because he wants his boys with him but what about his daughter? Then Carly warns Jason about letting Elizabeth use another man's child to get to him and we know she's speaking from her own experience in doing such but she seemed to be detached from her own m.o. I liked seeing him shut her down and I am sure I will like her wounded rant when she finds out that he kept Jake a secret from her. Maybe the dynamics of their relationship will change a bit because she tries to run his personal life way too much. I already know that her reaction will be way more entertaining than dumb Lucky's look of grief or horror when he finds out.

• Members

I don't think so. Besides her meddling did nothing because she really can't have an effect on any relationship if Jason doesn't allow her to. Unfortunately, he chose her over Robin and nothing matters relationship wise for him as much as that did. Since then he's ended up in two sub standard relationships. I don't want him back with Robin because of his choosing scheming Carly over her, but he made the wrong choice (even though Robin's over analysis makes her seem a nag).

Diane is what Alexis might be if she hadn't becoming a bumbling schoolgirl over Sonny. It ought be interesting to see them go head to head.

If I were in a situation like this I would wholeheartedly object to joint custody and go for sole with visitation rights. Setting aside the fact that he isn't either child's biological father and they're not adopted, he hasn't been "clean and sober" for a year yet (if I recall correctly) which I would find a problem. I would specifically take issue with his relationship with Sam and the children being exposed to a woman who watched one get kidnapped and never came forward and hired men to draw guns on them and to prove a point. Technically it should be supervised visitation or a stipulation that she cannot be in their presence during visits. Really though, the whole thing is going to blow up soon when the truth comes out and I'm thinking that the custody battle is what triggers the reveal.

I didn't mind her today because Spinelli's Lulu worship was a major distraction. Emily was only reminding us that it was over and amicable for now.

I remember when Nikolas had a crush on her after he got shot and she worked with him on recovering his speech. At that time I was glad they didn't go anywhere because she was still with Jason which was the ideal for her. Now I think they should give it a go.

• Members
I want them to be court room rivals. That should be fun

Lucky has been sober for about a year. He checked into rehab around this time last year. He doesnt know about Sam or what she did. When that happens, if he continues to see her then that will be a different story. But besides, I think assocating with Jason is alot worse than Sam. Liz may be away from him now but the way the story is heading, she's going to end up with Jason and theres no way those kids should be put in that type of danger. That alone should give Lucky grounds for sole custody, but I dont want that. A joint agreement would be best for both of them.

Lets hope Guza feels the same way

• Members

He may not know what Sam did but Elizabeth does and that's enough to warrant her to object to joint custody besides the fact that she knows neither child is his biologically and Jake is way too young for this to impact him emotionally.

Jason is not a physical threat to those children. His profession opens them up to danger but realistically being a cop comes with some degree of danger too when it comes to criminals seeking revenge. Sam can be deemed a physical threat because of her hiring those men and watching Jake be kidnapped. There is no comparison between Jason and Sam on that issue because Jason wouldn't willingly endanger a child but Sam obviously would and it doesn't matter that she staged the thing since any one of a number of things could have gone wrong.

Lucky has no legal grounds for sole custody because Elizabeth is not an unfit mother plain and simple. He's the one that can easily be deemed unfit because he has a past history of drug abuse and he can fall back into the habit at anytime. Now that might be unlikely but it's a tag that he placed on himself and it's a mark that is there forever.

Since Jason has never been convicted of any crime there is no legal standing for his being a danger to either child and Diane will eat that up in a minute. Plus Jason and Elizabeth probably won't make any real progress until after the matter is settle so he's not going to be an issue but Sam is a potential issue since Lucky is sleeping with her and that's more damaging to his case. The whole reason Sam is off the hook is because she has to keep quiet about Jake's paternity and I'm guessing Elizabeth would rather spill the beans than let Sam near her kids.

I'm adding this question because I'm not sure what I'm missing about Lucky and I want to know what major things he has done since JY to now. With JY I remember the dreadful brainwashing and he was pretty much a blank slate which caused me to have some empathy for Elizabeth. But I can't seem to think of anything he's done for Elizabeth outside of the rape s/l and I'm sure he must have done something. I know she has a history of turning to Jason with her problems but did she at all turn to Lucky?

• Members

Cheap's as you asked about Nikolas and Robin..

I really really wanted them back when she was helping him through his speech.. they were so good and I loved old TC not that I dont like him now but his early days was great.

but I dont know how they would work now.. but they definitely have potential.

cassio!

• Members

Today's episode was made for me when Scotty brought up all of Carly's past crimes to her while he was defending Logan. I loved it. Of course it was used for foreshadowing when Luke comes home, but still, it was nice to see that someone remembers that Carly isn't as pure as the driven snow

• Members
Biology doesnt mean a damn thing. Lucky IS those children's father. That fact shouldnt be dismissed just bc they dont have his blood running through their veins. Besides, biology or not, Lucky is Jake's legal father in the eyes of the law.

Danger to the kids bc of Lucky's profession is hypothetical. Yeah it could happen, but chances are unlikely. Danger in Jason's life is a reality. Jason is constantly getting involved in shootouts. He's had bombs sent to his home and place of businnes. Sonny's kids were kidnapped by a mobster. Elizabeth was shot, kidnapped and nearly blown up bc of her past association with the mob. Countless women in Jason and Sonny's lives have become victim of the violence and they cant help it bc it comes with the lifestyle. Jason can promise Liz he will keep them safe all he wants but that is all a fantasy bc he simply cant. You are right he doesnt compare to Sam bc being around him is alot more dangerous than being around her.

I dont want him to have sole custody. I used that term in the case that Liz brings those kids back into Jason's mob life bc they have no business being exposed to that violence

Jason may not have been convicted of a crime but the violence follows him and thats all on record. Liz can go ahead and spill the beans on Sam. All that will do is land her a cell right next to Sam in prison. She can take down Sam but is that worth losing her kids? It would be pretty dumb of her

Honestly I dont think much of JY's Lucky bc he had that whole brainwashing bit and wasnt himself. I'll talk about GV's Lucky. After Liz found out what a monster Ric was, who was the person she turned to? Lucky. He had her back and stood up for her during that. She ran to him for support. After she and Ric divorced and she returned to town, she rekindled her friendship with Lucky. He was there for her and Cameron as a friend. Eventually they fell back in love and got married. Lucky was the man she turned to with her problems from fall 2004-summer of 2006. She had very little to do with Jason then and like I said before, it was Lucky's accident that started to change things

Just saw today's show and good for Lucky for hiring Alexis. I liked that she pointed out that he was being shafted in the current agreement. Diane vs Alexis should be fun. Im puzzled though why Diane is even there bc just 2 weeks ago she said she doesnt do family law. More contrived nonsence I guess.

Loved Scott calling Carzilla on her crap. She has some nerve being as hypocritical as she was

Where the hell is Sam? I hope Kelly Monaco comes back soon from wherever she's at

• Members

I would always fight to maintain sole custody of my children no matter how wonderful of a father they have. It just makes things a whole lot easier. You're right that biology doesn't matter but who knows whether it will matter to Lucky when he finds out the truth about Jake.

Elizabeth really has no right to keep Jason from his son no matter what his profession. When she slept with him she took the risk of getting pregnant-protection or not so she's being unfair all the way around.

As far as Jason vs Sam goes she is more of a threat to the kids no matter what Jason's profession. But let's put it this way if you were in Elizabeth's shoes would you want Sam around your kids? If the answer is "no" then it makes no difference who is more dangerous because then you'd have to say that the kids shouldn't be around either one of them.

Unfortunately, people have kids under all kinds of circumstances and they are sometimes not bought up in the best or safest environments but that doesn't necessarily mean their parents are bad. Lucky wouldn't be able to get Elizabeth's children by using that argument anyway and I doubt that on this version of GH he will ever prevail over Jason so it's basically moot.

I think most mothers who put themselves in that situation would take their medicine and go to jail in order to protect their kids from someone that did what Sam did. I'd put on that orange jumpsuit in a heartbeat to keep her away from my children. No it would not be dumb if she's saving them from Sam and she wouldn't lose her kids forever because lying about paternity does not make her an unfit mother.

Okay so what it boils down to is that they had about a two year stint to 1999 and then basically were strangers until late 2004. They got married late 2005 and the honeymoon gets delayed and within six months they have major issues. So all the talk about their great love story is just talk. I can't get back into them because the show stopped being really invested in them in 1999. There was this five year period in which they basically had nothing and she went to Jason with her problems whenever he was around. Then they decided to make Jason and Courtney the couple and Elizabeth floated to Ric, had another night with Zander, tried to make it work with Ric and then eventually landed with Lucky. Now look at that mess. I'm not even going to justify the writing for them because they were an afterthought.

Lucky should have gotten his own lawyer in the first place no matter what. Alexis is being used in this plot to push along the reveal and Diane will probably get to gloat since she's got more info than Alexis. Alexis has to be hit with the whole Lucky sleeping with Sam thing so it may be a riot after all.

Even though Elizabeth is hiding the fact that Jake is Jason's from Lucky, Alexis should be able to relate to her justifications unless they give her amnesia. Since she kept Kristina's paternity a secret then this is right up her alley.

Scott was in his element. His line to Logan about not speaking lizard was funny as well.

Diane was funny with the Sonny's babies' mama line and barbecuing Lucky.

I don't miss Sam and that towel throwing scene yesterday was stupid but I guess viewers needed to know that Lucky had slithered over to Sam's after he wiped his crocodile tears.

• Members

Wales, I have to seriously disagree with you on a couple of points.

First of all, you think it is right to fight to keep a child entirely away from his or her father (a good father!)because it's easier for the mother? Um, are you serious? Because I think that's pretty dispicable. When a father loves his child and would be a positive influence in that child's life, it is absolutely unacceptable to rip the child away from him. I mean, that's kind of cruel.

Second of all, blood does not matter to Lucky. That has been established through his relationship with Cam. He loves that kid, and made it clear that he still wants to be a huge part of his life. I'm sure Lucky will be furious when he finds out about Jake- he has every right to be. But he will still love that child and deserves to be involved.

And finally, you think it is unfair for Liz to try to keep Jake away from Jason- a man with a very dangerous lifestyle that is constantly getting him and the women in his life shot. And yet you think she ought to rip the kids away from Lucky, who has raised them and is far, far less likely to get them hurt? Again, seriously?

On another subject, I LOVED Scott today. The minute he said "Pot, meet kettle" my sister and I looked at each other with glee, and after he brought up the whole sleeping with her stepfather thing, we were cheering.

Archived