Y&R Casting: Tatyana Ali makes a visit

• Members

Fans of The Young and the Restless are about to get a treat in September when Tatyana Ali (Ashley Banks of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) makes a pit stop in Genoa City! Without giving away the storyline, we can tell you that Tatyana will appear as Roxanne and will be somehow connected to Devon Winters.

Since leaving The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air after the show called it quits in 1996, Tatyana has appeared in many films such as, Back in the Day, The List, Glory Road and most recently, Hotel California. She also released an album in 1998 titled "Kiss The Sky," featuring her hit singles, "If You Only Knew" and "Kiss the Sky."

Soaps.com wants to be the first to welcome Tatyana to daytime! Although we can't be sure how long she'll be around, fans can definitely catch her on the show on September 17 and 18, 2007!

http://www.soaps.com/youngandrestless/news...Coming_to_YandR

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was just telling my friends about my problem with Christel as Lily.

See this my problem with Christel Lily. she letting Amber & Daniel get off scott free. Dru already showed her what to do when Neil thought he can be with Carmen. I know some people would say that it's the writing. That's my problem with Christel she's submissive to the writing & that's how she plays Lily. Sometimes I think Victoria Rowell adlib & I believe Davetta would have told them this is how Dru daughter would do things. Sometimes you can't follow the script.

• Members

This is a writing issue. Ad-Libbing is FROWNED upon big time on soaps. I have read many actors that didn't our told to knock it off. The veterans (When they work and have a storyline) can get away with it but the younger set like Christel is can't PLUS when you are an actor your job is to follow the script not just make up stuff as you go.

Writers typically don't like been told they are wrong and actors have even told them that there are continuity errors but they say they don't care and to read what is on the script.

Archived