AMC: Tuesday

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The difference is Kendall played a supporting player in Zach's story, and he's playing a supporting role in her story "Crash"

Ryan's just all over every story. He hijacks every storyline, the SS Storyline, Tad and Dixie's with Kate/Emma, and now this one <_< It's cause he CANNOT carry a storyline of his own, so he has to piggyback everyone else's

• Members

IDA. I think Kendall was pretty much lead during the SSK storyline. Ryan so far has been supporting to Annie's current storyline as she's been driving it but it looks like that might change now that she's let him in, sort of. It doesnt matter to me anyway bc they are a couple and its only natual that they would lead to each other's storylines, just as is the case with Zendall and/or any other couple.

As far as Ryan not being able to carry any storyline of his own which is why he goes to everyone else's well what about fall 2005-fall 2006? The show was heavy on Lavery history and drama and who was driving that? Ryan

• Members

Yeah, right. The Satin Slayer storyline was about Babe up until the end. Then, it was about Zach and Kendall. I mean, damn. When Dixie died, and all Josh and Zoe had to say was "that could've been Babe" -- I was sold. Everything under McTavish has been about Babe and Ryan -- and lo and behold, her predecessor, Amanda Beall, makes everything about Ryan, too.

This is ANNIE'S STORY. Ryan insisting that he be apart of everything is evidence that the character has to be piggybacked to everybody else's story because he is unable to carry a story on his own. There has yet to be a storyline where it's Ryan and Ryan's journey, alone. No. It's always Ryan interferring, insisting he be apart of something and believing he has all the right answers to EVERYTHING -- because he can't carry a story on his own. And 2005 - 2006 wasn't Ryan carrying a story. It was used to facilitate Becky's exit.

Look, I'm not a Cam hater, I just think Cam has a ways to go before he's able to hold his own in storylines. He has no range, no nuance, and really no chemistry with someone who doesn't bring it out in him. Lish, Becky and Melissa work(ed) their asses off, and Cameron still plays scenes with this blank, bored look on his face. I enjoy the Annie character simply because I see the effort MCE puts into her character. She can be bitchy, she can be sweet, she can be friendly and she can be distrusting. All Cameron does is :mellow: through his scenes, and play each and every love interest the same way -- as if HE'S the one who is in control of everything, and his scene partners have no right to their own opinions. Even though Annie is being rather suspicious, Ryan doesn't know that. But all Cameron does is look at her like :mellow: and talk to her condescendingly, rather than talk to her like he loves her and cares about her. My interpretation of Ryan is that he feels he is entitled to know EVERYTHING in everyone's lives because he is just all knowing and has all the answers. I don't feel that Ryan trusts Annie. Partially because of the writing, and also because of Cameron's portrayl. If Ryan loved and trusted Annie, he wouldn't be having sixteen scenes where he's grilling her and insisting he tell her everything. If he'd just shut the hell up and trust his wife, maybe I would feel as if he Annie should tell him the truth. But no. With Ryan forcing his lame ass wisdom on every situation, I WANT Annie to exclude him from this part of her life.

Hell, I hope she does push him out the window.

• Members
Ryan is her HUSBAND! To not have him involved, whether people like him or not would eb one big glaring hole in the story. He has to ask questions, he has to interfere and put himself in hte middle of this. This is his wife and she's obviously troubled. Theres alot he does not know about her and he wants to know so that he can help her and that they both can come out on top. Once 2 people are written a a couple, there is no his story or her story. Its THEIR story ultimately. But even then, MCE as Annie is driving this thing. She's the lead and its about her past. Ryan's been in the dark and he's now tagging along. I have no idea what capacity he will be avaialble once DWTS begins, so everyone might get their wish and he wont be as involved.

Spin it how you want but Jonathan's arrival marked the beginning of the big Lavery story which Cameron did carry. Becky didnt leave the show till about a year and a half later.

Ive always hated Ryan and never cared much for Cameron's acting. I think Im tolerating him now bc of Annie, who has quickly become my favorite character and I think she and Ryan together as a couple are great. She and Emma have redeemed Ryan for me, at least for now. Again, he needs to ask her questions and insist on things. Annie is falling apart! As a viewer, it looks like she's losing her mind and she's obviously tormented and troubled by her past. What loving husband in their right mind would just sit back and do nothing? Im sorry bc Im gonna hve to disagree with you here. He is doign what he is doing bc he DOES love Annie. To watch her disintegrate without trying to help would be absolutely horrible on his part

Archived