DOOL: Actor to Return?

• Members

I wouldn't want Jennifer dead -- not even "DAYS-dead" -- b/c, as the daughter of Bill and Laura, the sister of Michael and Lucas, and the aunt of Jeremy and Sami and Lucas' twins, she's an important "legacy character."

A recast, though, might help diehard fans accept Jack & Jennifer apart.

But, WHATEVER they do, I pray the show acts wisely, and cautiously. They really cannot risk any more viewer alienation right now.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd be glad to have Matt Ashford back as Jack Deveraux, but Jack better return with a Nu-Jennifer. Melissa Reeves has been gone long enough IMHO for a try at a re-cast. I think an actress with soap experience, such as Kristina Wagner(ex-Felicia Jones, GH), Sandra Ferguson (ex-Amanda Cory, AW, ex-Felicia Jones, GH), Jensen Buchanan(ex-Vicky & Marley Hudson, AW/ATWT, ex-Sarah Buchanan, ONE LIFE, et.al>) or Jessica Tuck (ex-Megan Harrison, ONE LIFE) would be good in the role and accepted. The role was successfully re-cast once before, since the actress stayed in the role for about 2-3 years (although I thought the show should've went with a name actress).

• Members

I wouldn't be opposed to Jack/Billie: Ashford and Julie Pinson have chemistry. B)

If they want Matt Ashford back, it might be better to break up Jack/Jen in some way, because I doubt Missy Reeves will return to soaps.

Yes Phoenix, Sheffer writing for Jack Deveraux would be interesting - hopefully a darker and slightly more devious character, which Matt Ashford would do so well. :D

• Members

I would gladly accept a recast and my list of choices is pretty much the same as yours. I don't think it's needed though. It's hard because a part of me wants Jack and Billie explored but the other part thinks breaking up J&J could hurt the show alot.

If Jack returns alone, I would love to see Hogan go the dark route with Jack, like Evan mentioned. He could still be a reported but I think they can take Jack down a dark path. It would be interesting.

• Members

Jen is a millstone around Jack's neck. Never could stand her with Jack, loved her with Frankie. They are the two who belong together. Jack doesn't need anyone to come back, just Jack and a decent story for him. With his siblings on the show and friends, he can really fit and work well.

No Abby. She is dullsville, no personality, no fun. There are too many young girls already.

• Members

SO HOT! I have thought a Jack/Billie pairing would be a great idea ever since the Lisa Rinna/Countess Wilhelmina days when Jack was ghostwriting that novel. I would like him even more with Julie Pinson's Billie. IF this ever happened, I would hope they do it slowly, with them continuing as friends for awhile. Maybe Jack could work as an investigator for Billie's security company. There are a lot of story options for Jack--especially with Steve. I'd love to see them onscreen together again.

I liked Jennifer but would have a difficult time with anyone but Missy in the role. If she's not going to come back, then we could still have Jack. Abby I'm ambivalent about. IMO, she was kind of boring. The writers need to give her a personality makeover--but NOT like the one Stephanie received.

Archived