The Tennis Thread

• Members

Hahahahahahaha...love ya Chit.....I was so happy for Dimitrov. Murray drops to #10 in the world and Dimitrov vaults over him at #9.

Yes, so much love for Grigor....I just hate how ESPN was making excuses for Murray's loss...not giving Dimitrov enough credit.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Murray says he has to get fit and emotionally better. Not that I care, but dude, you better get Mauresmo out of your camp! Vika did nothing but lose under her "consultation".

He has to be emotionally under cooked to dump Lendle, a winning coach, in favor or something nonconventional! It aint working, Buzzard!

• Administrator

Yeah! Milos Raonic! He became the first Canadian man in more than 100 years to reach the Wimbledon semifinals. Love Federer so I'll be rooting for whoever wins this match to win the final. And then we have Eugenie Bouchard in the women's semis. Canadian tennis is on the rise!

• Members

Women's tennis truly sucks IMO. They all seems to play the same...the Chris Everett 80's game so boring to watch. It's the men's where all the great matches are at!! I'm sure ESPN is happy that Roger is still in the tournament because he brings in ratings...without Serena the women's ratings will probably be very low. Americans need to step up! So many disappoints in Ryan Harrison and Co.

• Members

I thought Venus vs. Kvitova was a high quality match, although I could've done with Petra's banshee wail.

I do agree that the U.S. ratings will probably very low on the Women's side. I think ESPN has a lot more problems than who is or isn't in the Finals. For instance, their commentary is terrible except for Cliff Drysdale, Darren Cahill and occasionally Brad Gilbert when he's not giving everyone those stupid nicknames.

ESPN3 offers a break from them, mercifully. I get the World Feed which gives a variety of International commentators. Hearing them, I have come to realize just how bad ESPN's terrestrial channel is with tennis.

I don't expect anything from the U.S Men, they're worse than the U.S. women. Harrison doesn't even rate, Isner bores me, Jack Sock...who? I think I'm paying more attention to the guys in the Junior ranks like Francis Tiafoe... frankly they look more promising than the current crop of U.S. Men.

Maybe I'm spiteful, but I was glad when Masha got bounced. I also knew Angelique would get bounced soon after. ph34r.png

Wimbledon is not what it used to be though, not even the grass is what it used to be.

• Members

So sad that Vicki Duval has been diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma!sad.png

She's been through so much already in her young life but she's proven how strong she is already. She was biopsied before going through qualifying for Wimbledon and despite her diagnosis, decided to play! Amazing the amount of focus she had to even get to Round Two of the Main Draw after winning 3 Rounds of Qualifying!ohmy.png

Wishing her all the best for a full recovery back to strong health.

I saw someone post something that I thought was kinda cute...he said something like Vicki's going to beat this disease in straight sets! With that kind of strength and resolve, I believe it too.happy.png

• Members

Rafael Nadal ESP 12670 - - Lost in Wimbledon R16 - -

Novak Djokovic SRB 12330 - Wimbledon F - 13130 13130

Roger Federer SUI 6100 +1 Wimbledon F - 6900 6900

Stan Wawrinka SUI 5770 -1 - Lost in Wimbledon QF - -

Tomas Berdych CZE 4410 +1 - Lost in Wimbledon R32 - -

Milos Raonic CAN 3920 +3 - Lost in Wimbledon SF - -

David Ferrer ESP 3875 - - Lost in Wimbledon R64 - -

Juan Martin Del Potro ARG 3360 - - - - -

Grigor Dimitrov BUL 3270 +4 - Lost in Wimbledon SF - -

Andy Murray GBR 3040 -5 - Lost in Wimbledon QF - -

Kei Nishikori JPN 2780 +1 - Lost in Wimbledon R16 - -

John Isner USA 2735 -1 - Lost in Wimbledon R32 - -

Ernests Gulbis LAT 2680 -3 - Lost in Wimbledon R64 - -

Richard Gasquet FRA 2370 - - Lost in Wimbledon R64 - -

Fabio Fognini ITA 2235 - - Lost in Wimbledon R32 - -

Jo Wilfried Tsonga FRA 1910 +1 - Lost in Wimbledon R16 - -

Kevin Anderson RSA 1835 +1 - Lost in Wimbledon R16 - -

Tommy Robredo ESP 1720 +4 - Lost in Wimbledon R16 - -

Alexandr Dolgopolov UKR 1680 - - Lost in Wimbledon R32 - -

Marin Cilic CRO 1665

The new top 20 as of today...if Novak wins he becomes number 1...I hope Roger wins....I was really hoping that Dimitrov would have made the final..so tired of Nole and his Murray behavior.

Edited by Soapsuds