DAYS: Friday August 24

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I so agree with you like you wouldn't belive! Except I can't stand Sami. But I haven't ever liked or enjoyed Sami since I started watching, so... There's something about Deidre in a scene that captures your attention no matter what she's doing. She has that IT charisma that very few performers have (and I'm totally quote a magazine, I just can't remember which one - Hollywood Reporter maybe?). Ali doesn't have that.

• Members

I also watched the entire episode and found myself drawn in. First time in a long time since that has happened. ITA -- it had a different feel. I'm sorry that more people didn't see it as entertaining. The epsiode was well done IMO, dialogue wise and acting wise. Not only did I enjoy it, I trusted it, which is I haven't done in a quite a while. Based on what I watched today, I think the stories are will be moving along with some spark.

Chelsea and Nick started off slow but then picked up speed. Blake Berris and Rachel Benson both did a great job. The group at the hospital: Renee Jones, Joe Mascolo, James Scott, Thaao Penghlis, Bryan Dattilo, Alison Sweeney, Lauren Koslow, and the actor who plays Benji (don't know his name)--they were exceptional. Joe's, Renee's and James' performances had the biggest emotional impact on me. When a soap makes me feel something, that is what makes me look forward to watching again. For some reason, based on nothing but a gut feeling and the changes seen in Friday's show, I do believe that I'm finally going to get the good soap that I've been waiting for. Judging from the posts here and at other sites, my opinion is definitely in the minority, but I'm happy that I am seeing something positive in Days again.

• Members

Bo has hardly been on the sidelines. He has been the most active of the big 4 in this story. It irks me when I see many say bo and Hope are not involved. They have been doing what they do best in this story...investigating. They have been very active. They could be on more but they are active and doing a lot more then J&M.

I agree that Marlena's lack of involvement is horrible. I appreciated how she has been acting as a mother to Belle and Sami and her involvement in Tony's return but, other then that, nothing. I know Dee takes a vacation in the summer so I think that has played in here but she had very little before that and it seems she will after that too. I am hopeful she will get more involved with Ed on board. I can't say the same for Drake.

Kslater...great post. I'm not sure if it's so much that no one was entertained by it. I think the show has been so disappointing to many lately that they were simply listening to it and not watching, FFed pieces of it, or just didn't watch. I think the time to start again is now because the next 6-8 weeks I think is critical to seeing what changes occur and if they will be for the better.

• Members

I will say this is the first episode in a long time that i've actually cared what was going on...I can finally feel some emotion in the show..Nick and Chelsea scene's were excellent..I was reminded today of Hogan's Tv Guide article about Nick Fallon, and how it would be a tragic love story...And it does seem like that has come full circle...I'm glad Chelsea realizes that she is a big factor in all the horrible things that have happened to Nick over the past few months, her and that damm hair brush...I have a feeling that Chelsea is going to try to throw herself into something with Jett to get Nick out of her mind, but i'm pretty sure that will be impossible for her to do..Rachel and Blake just have incredible chemistry..

Seeing Lexie and Stefano interact was exciting, i wish we could have got more...And its always nice seeing Benji..

Finally the Lucas, Sami, Kate scenes were well done..I didn't feel the need to fastforward at all today..

• Members

I noticed a little difference in the show and even the lighting, but I was FF'ing through some of the Chelsea/Nick scenes. They had this exact same breakup scene a month or two ago, almost verbatim, and... once is enough for me. Didn't think about the flowers as being an Ed Scott trademark - I was thinking that there was a hidden camera or recording device stuck in there. :D Let's hope it's just a flower shot.

• Members

I noticed the flower shot, too, but didn't know that was an Ed Scott thing. I was just trying to figure out the significance of the flowers!

Now that Phoenix has pointed out some of the differences in Friday's show, I'm going to re-watch before I delete it from my DVR. I was watching live on Friday, but I kept getting interrupted and had to keep pausing and re-starting, which does have an affect on the flow of the show. I did notice that the Chelsea/Nick conversation actually had a point to it and Chelsea explained a lot of the inconsistencies of the summer. That was good, but Blake Berris does not handle these sad/depressing storylines well. Like others have mentioned, he just looks stoned. I liked him better as the Fallonator or even when he had a concussion.

Someone mentioned the hints about only the good die young and Benji being good and an innocent...I also think this is some foreshadowing. I'm sure there's a reason we saw Benji at the hospital for that brief time instead of him just being mentioned, and I'm afraid of what may be coming up for him. We haven't seen a lot of Benji, but I think he's very appealing and Jim Lunsford is a good actor, especially since he has no dialogue. The Kate/Sami/Lucas scenes were well done, and it was nice to see Lucas acting like an adult and not screaming or acting like a horny teenager. When written intelligently, he's tolerable. The scenes with EJ and the Dimeras and then with Sami were good as well, and I like that they are showing EJ's internal conflict. With Sami, he even showed vulnerability and uncertainty. Very important stuff, especially as the writing for EJ has been so inconsistent. James Scott is very good at a subtle type of acting, with his eyes, facial expressions and body language. I vividly remember a scene from last winter when he had met with Shawn at Tuscany and Shawn was defying him. EJ very calmly stood up, threw money on the table and walked away. Very simple...no words were spoken...but it was chilling.

• Members

No, she doesn't. That's made up crock by someone who didn't like her back on the old coffeeroom forums. She has the same vacation that everyone else has.

Bo and Hope are doing more because they're Corday's favorite, and thank god for that for their fans, because they're not on even with Corday loving them.

• Members

DAYS needs to do a Kate-John-Marlena-Stefano quadrangle; John and Kate had great chemistry, Stefano and Marlena have great chemistry. Marlena and Kate are natural enemies, but it's never written that way. They could be just like Dorian and Viki on OLTL. One thing they never talk about is that Marlena was Kate's therapist many years ago, so Marlena knows all there is to know about Kate. If John and Kate got closer, would Marlena blackmail Kate to stay away? Probably not, but more interesting than what we have to watch now :)

• Members

I just watched Friday's show, and I definitely noticed a more serious, character-driven tone to the show, which I liked.

Nick had my favorite line, to Jett: "If I had a gun, I'd kill you right now." Me too Nick, me too.

• Members

Wow. I appreciate all the positive feedback on Friday's episode. I think I'll check back into Days on Monday then. I did notice that Lucas was behaving as a normal adult which I've not seen in forever. That alone was a huge improvement. Now if he told Sami to button her mouth and not utter one single silly giggle, that will be the best.

• Members

I know that but there was an article about Dee buying that new vacation home and I know she always takes a break in summer for like a week or so. I wasn't suggesting that she hasn't been involved in story because she is on break. I was just wondering if that is why she was on a fair amount early in the month and then didn't appear until this week, where she was in two episodes.

Glad to see everyone is checking out Friday's episode. I think it is definitely worth a look, or a second look for those that watched it already.

Archived