DAYS: Friday August 24

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked today's episode, even Chelsea and Nick. I felt like Chelsea made some good points and was totally honest with Nick and also with herself. Jett is becoming more and more of an annoyance, though. I think I actually dislike him more than Jeremy.

Loved all the Dimeras! Stefano at the end, lying in bed in his red silk (satin? polyester?) pajamas, laughing, declaring the Phoenix is going to rise again...gave me chills and at the same time made me laugh, too. Tony and his witty little comments while he stood around in the background were fun...and they actually made another mention of him not being Stefano's son. Very surprising. Loved his question to Stefano about where he wanted to be buried. Lexie was good; nice having Benjy around, although he didn't do much. EJ...I don't know how he sleeps at night with all the conflict in his life. I felt for him when he asked Sami about how she'd feel if he died...you know what he was wanting to hear...that she'd miss him just a little bit maybe.

• Administrator

Rachel and Blake are so good together. They were wonderful today. I hope Hogan knows that he has a good thing here with these two.

I wish we saw more of Benjy. I think he was on for a total of 1 minute!

Why exactly are Lucas/Sami going after Tony? Lucas was in the hospital and Sami's pregnant. Come on now! Why can't they use John or Bo which you know makes more sense! Hogan needs to get over his hatred for Drake. This is a perfect opportunity to use John. Or have John and Marlena go see Stefano in the hospital and they wish him dead. There's so much history between John/Marlena/Stefano - USE IT!!!!!!!

• Members

I know. I'm watching 1985 right now, and the twins' kidnapping, Marlena's torture over that, shooting Stefano and the trial (Hart Bennett died just as I paused the DVD), and it makes me smad (sad/mad) that the Stefano/Marlena relationship isen't being utilized. I mean, they've got this AMAZING relationship and seriously, the chemistry between them is just off the charts kickass. They're a powerhouse twosome. Much of the 1990s was spent explaning and writing the complex "triangle" of Stefano/Marlena/John, which wasen't a real triangle most of the time because Stefano was never a threat to J&M, and now it's like it never existed.

Stefano appreciated Sami's evilness in 1997, but he's never given a damn about her before besides that, and he couldn't give figs about Lucas. Stefano's been focused on Marlena since Roman fell off that goddamn cliff. He wanted her, he wanted her love and loyalty, he wanted her to have his children and continue the legacy of the DiMera family, which would fuel the vendetta which we KNOW how started back in 1981/82. It started with Roman Brady (who was brought to town as a love interest for Marlena), going after the mob family in town. The Dimeras. Then a lot of deaths happened and it continued from there by Stefano's focus shifting to just Marlena once Roman died.

• Members

Good day DiMera wise and I love it anytime Stefanos gives THAT laugh!! I wish we could hear it weekly or at least every other =) Loved EJ not being sure what to do and using Sami as a sounding board to help him make his decision: again this kind of focus on his inner conflict is crucial, and JS gives the emotional depth that makes it work. He shows so much feeling in his eyes, making his scenes all the better. Tony was brilliant as usual and I'm Very happy Sheffers is sticking with him not being Stefano's biological son - and also that he's brought the "real" Tony back. Tony was on overdrive with the DiMera wit - something that's always a plus! Felt bad for Lexie and she gave the impression of wanting her fathers love.

Nick and Chelsea = eh. Their talk was ok, but also a good time to leave the room for any reason. Don't like how they've been written so I'm not really interested.

Kate: the character I love to hate... well I'm on her side with this - and Sami's too since she seemed to understand that you do what you have to do go get what you need. Bargains can be a bitch, but sometimes they're worth making - and IMO that includes agreeing to "give a handsome devil his due". Kate is also a survivor and I loved that she pointed out the ways Lucas benefited because of Stefano. She's a grown woman, has a history with Stefano, and did what she felt she had to do. lucas calling her out on it was out of line.

Days is giving us hints again -- I LOVE that and really missed it. The only the good die young and innocent statements by Marlena and then Sami; Lexie stating Benji is an innocent; focusing in on the flowers in the hospital room and changing scenes to Stefano saying not to plan his funeral yet. Good stuff!!

• Members

I watched the last five minutes of the show. When Lucas turned up on my screen I nearly switched but he was behaving like an adult so I decided to leave it. Thankfully, he and Sami were only on briefly then I got to see my favorite character ever on Days, Steffie. He was so great and rewarded me with that wonderful laugh that no one else on earth could do.

Ed Scott's work should show up the second week in September so I hope to hear Days is really getting better balance again.

• Members

Actually, it shows up August 29 but I think we already are seeing his influence.

Wow though...no one noticed the totally different feel to today's show? The execution was better, the scenes were well put together, the music was different in spots (especially in one of the Chelsea/Nick scenes) and the camera angles were different. For example, in one of Stefano's scenes, the camera panned around slowly from Lexie and Benji entering over to Stefano as he and EJ talked. Something similar happened with Sami/Lucas/Kate. I even noticed changes in Thursday's show as the look of the Santeen flashbacks had changed. They no longer looked any different then the normal scenes. The lighting was different.

The writing today was superb too. That Chelsea/Nick scene finally cleared the air as to the issues they have. Good, character-driven scenes. We got the same with Sami/Lucas/kate. Simple, nice scenes with LUMI and very good scenes with Lucas/Kate over the Stefano issue.

The Dimera stuff was superb. Tony's snide comments were a highlight, as was Lexie vs Stefano, which IMO explained very well why she and her father had no interacted. I know it had more to do with JR but it was needed to explain all that IMO. EJ talking about his father and his scenes with Stefano were great. JM showed so much humanity. Brilliance. Even the little Sami/EJ scene had something different to it. It had DIRECTION. Everything today was cohesive.

The ending with the fadeout, music, and classic Stefano laughing was amazing. Ed may not have been credited but I think he influenced today alot. Very, very good. I guess people must have just not watched, FFed alot, or maybe it's some other reason. I can't believe no one else commented on this.

• Members

LOL! I'll have to watch some clips -- honestly the DiMeras could be street performers and I'm not sure how much difference I'd notice - at least not by watching once. They seriously pull me into their scenes so much that my house could explode and I might not notice! But I have clips saved and will rewatch and try not to zone in so much =)

Archived