Which Soap has the best sets?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here were the 2007 Daytime Emmy Award nominees for Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction/Set Decoration/Scenic Design for a Drama Series

ALL MY CHILDREN * ABC

ROGER MOONEY, PRODUCTION DESIGNER

JOEL REYNOLDS, SCENIC DESIGNER

MARTIN FAHRER, SCENIC DESIGNER

CHAS PLUMMER, SCENIC DESIGNER

AS THE WORLD TURNS * CBS

PATRICK HOWE, PRODUCTION DESIGNER

TIM GOODMANSON, ART DIRECTOR

DENNIS DONEGAN, SET DECORATOR

CATHERINE MCKENNEY, SET DECORATOR

KAREN HLIPALA, SET DECORATOR

THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL * CBS

JACK FORRESTEL, PRODUCTION DESIGNER

FABRICE KENWOOD, ART DIRECTOR

ELSA ZAMPARELLI, SET DECORATOR

CHARLOTTE GARNELL SCHEIDE, SET DECORATOR

ONE LIFE TO LIVE * ABC (WINNER)

ROGER MOONEY, SCENIC DESIGNER

RUTH WELLS, SCENIC DESIGNER

JOHN KENNY, SCENIC DESIGNER

MARTIN FAHRER, ART DIRECTOR

Source: http://www.emmyonline.org/emmy/daytime_34th_noms_b.html

• Members

Yeah, Sunset Beach used some of Santa Barbara's sets or part of them, which then moved onto Passions. LoL.

I don't get all the SuBe set flack going around. I LOVED SuBe's sets and thought that they were really great for a daytime show. The Richards mansion and Ben's house really looked like they were made for rich people. Surf Central and the Cummings home looked like everyday people's homes. Even the hospital set looked pretty good.

However, the best sets on soaps have to go to The City. I loved the 360 degree views you got, the loft idea, and how immensely decoracted they were. Everyone had a kitchen too :)

My all-time favorite soap set belongs to Loving, with the Alden Mansion. Talk about a grand mansion for the richest family in town. I mean, why shouldn't they have a big beautiful house. I wouldn't want the Alden's stuck in a tiny little hole like Adam Chandler's "mansion".

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Are people hating the sets of GH & Y&R because they hate the shows? Some even go as far to say that GL's sets are better than GH & Y&R. <_< I guess they love the infamous budget cut of 2005. I find OLTL's set to be the most overrated. Roger Mooney should not be working on two shows. He should pick one: OLTL or AMC. If he did, I'm sure he'd choose OLTL.

• Members

If you bothered to read my OLTL posts, you'd know that I do not hate OLTL. I'm terribly frustrated with the show, and it has been that way since 1998. OLTL is a show that just cannot win. Maybe Carlivati will change that, maybe he won't. I believe that the show holds tremendous potential that is not being utilized properly. All HWs should have one year contract, and if after that time the quality has declined, the HW should be fired. Carlivati has 7 months (about 140 episdoes) left to rock Llanview like 1995.

:59: Gotta go catch OLTL

Archived