Which writers in your opinion should NOT being writing in daytime?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I sitll cant' completely hate McTavish--she's given me a combined number of years of my fave soap stuff... But she really need to be paired with a good EP and I think herbiggest fault is she will bend under the pressure of ANY hack EP and studio head--not just bend but willingly do their bidding (ie when she basically just wrote JFP's stories on OLTL).

One interesting thing is people seem to think thsi is a new thing--that HWs, no matter how bad their tenure is, keep getting rehired at new soaps--but sadly and oddly it's not a new thing at all.

Reading soap history books you see the same names shuffled from show to show even when they caused the last show to sink in the ratings (and names like James "pompous actor's studio host" Lipton who has NEVER had a successul period writing a soap--and almost caused AW to be canceled--getting hired to write other soaps all up to the last years of Capitol and even got to create one flop soap!) The difference now seems to be, though, that becasue of more intereference from studio heads, etc, the writers work suffers even more

Archived