All: Admitting you like someone...

• Members

Yes, I now like Sam McCall. It was the bitchslap of Carly that did it. It made me yell in delight and smile. I like that she is getting a backbone and actually standing on her own two feet! She is better off without Jason.

I also like Maxie on GH. Oh did I hate her with a passion that knew no end. Except that I probably hated Sam more, but Maxie was close. I love her snarkiness and that she tells Lulu off. Plus she is hot with both Cooper and Logan. So that always helps. Once she got away from Lucky, I started to like her.

And on Days...Belle. I hated her for so long. I cheered when Sami kidnapped her (ok not really). But I like that she is her own person now and not stuck in the teen crowd anymore. She is getting more adult storylines and Martha Madison can pull it off and she pulls it off well. I like her.

But yes, I like Sam McCall...

Still don't like GH's Emily though....

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yay, a new Sam fan! She is getting the BEST writing now since she joined the show 4 years ago. Kelly Monaco plays a bad girl brilliantly. I love Sam emerging as the top villianess of GH

I like Emily (GH). I hated her before bc all she did was whne and was on all the time but since putting her on the backburner, she's been very tolerable and I want to see more of her. unfortuently she is never on and only pops up for a segment or 2. All she does is prop up Jason or Liz these days with nothing of substance for herself

• Members

I KNEW you would like that Ryan....I just knew.

But I can't help it, I like Sam McCall! I agree Cheap, she is getting really good writing. And she KM has stepped it up a notch and is doing so good.

But the slap made me love her

• Members

I'll admit this:

I hated Maxie with a passion, however, I am loving her each day... I still love me some Lulu but I find myself at times rooting Maxie on when she gets a jab in at her.

I hate to admit it, but I am liking the vindictive/vengeful Sam... I can't believe I am admitting that :lol:

• Members

I never really liked AM who plays Kendall on AMC until Megan McTavish's thrid stint. The Fouth July episode for 2003 is what won me over. Now I'm a fan.

I detested Sheffer's reign on ATWT, but I'm liking him much more on DAYS. I hated Higley's time on DAYS, but I enjoyed some parts of her time on OLTL.

On DAYS I hated Nicole at first. Then a few years later I started liking her alot more especially when she was married to Victor.

Oh and yes I am liking Sam alot more now that she is away from Jason. Elizabeth is quickly taking her place though as someone who I'm not liking right now. As for Emily, I don't think I will ever like her.

• Members

OMG, on GH, I hated Kotex Kristen Storms' Maxie with a passion. A serious passion. But then, Lulu started getting a little too big for her britches and I enjoyed Maxie tearing her down. Also, the writers taking the character away from Robyn Richards' version helped me enjoy her. Storms and the writers found the perfect match. Now I enjoy her and enjoy her feud with Lulu (who has become the reverse = someone I liked turning into someone I can't stand).

Also, on GH, I found myself liking Vanity Brenda Barrett's 2002-2003 run and enjoyed the Brazen pairing of Brenda and Jason. I couldn't stand her at first, especially since I was soooo on Skye's side (Jax left Skye for Brenda). But when she was in the airport about to board the plane, I was soooo wanting her to change her mind. I was totally on board for a Jason and Brenda pairing. But alas -- never came to be.

Tamara Braun. I couldn't stand her version of Carly because I totally idolize Sarah Brown and -- no matter what -- will always think of her as Real Carly, but now that I look back on some old tapes from 2002, once TB started getting into the groove, I found myself loving her. I totally enjoy her rhythms and she was a lot more subtle in her portrayl than this Laura Wright monster. Carly NEVER came across as a stuck up, self-entitled cheerleader forever stuck in high school with Braun. Braun's version did tend to bully people, but compared to Wright, Braun's bullying was more in line with who I believe Carly is than Laura Wright. So, it took almost 2 years, but I admit it -- I liked Tamara Braun's Carly.

AMC's Gillian Andrassy. Couldn't stand her when she debuted in '97. The whole slutty party girl thing got old fast. But then the character started growing up under Agnes Nixon in 1999.

AMC's Alicia Minshew. I thought she was horrible when she first came on in 2002, but by 2003 and the whole Fusion/Cambias/Enchantment corporate espionage storyline by Anna Cascio and Gordon Rayfield, I think Lish found her groove. I've loved her ever since -- despite a lot of deplorable writing by McTavish and Amanda Beall.

• Members

I too took the longest time to warm up to Kendall played by Alicia Minshew. For the longest time, she simply didn't cut it. What finally sealed it for me was the beginning stages of Kendall and Bianca as true sisters following Bianca's rape and then pregnancy. I still remember Lish breaking down in front of Bianca saying the baby Bianca is carrying is "her" My goodness Lish was brilliant.

• Members

Sorry but what I have seen those two are like clones of each other and sisters and hence it is why Sam sucks. Brenda was a low down dirty skank who used men and manipulated them into sex and when she didn't get her way with Sonny, she went and boinked Jax. Not mistaken about anything it is my opinion that Sam is nothing more than a clone of Brenda. They couldn't have her with Vanessa Marcil (who I find to be a bitch in real life and vastly overrated)...they want it with Kelly Monaco's Sam and it is not working.

• Members

On Days I detested Willow at first sight but then I grew to love how upfront crazy she was. I also dislked PR's Bo for a long time because I thought he was so wimpy and dumb compared to RKK's version. Well, I HATED him at first but then I just accepted him and was mostly indifferent, but I love him now.

I've never grown to like a character that I hated for a very long time. It's doubtful that I will ever care much about Lucas, and I'll never like Belle - I've hated them for far too long.

• Members

^ What he said. TB blew me away with CarLo and her performances during the last year of her stint. I'd give anything to have her back right.

I used to DESPISE GH's Emily. I mean, really hate Natalia Livingston's portrayal. EVERYTHING about her got on my last nerve. The "ums" and "likes." The Garden of Eden thing. The "Nikolas totally cured my breast cancer!" thing. The hypocrisy. The lip-gloss. The Streisand nails.

2-20_062.jpg2-20_063.jpg

The fake crying.

4-5_066.jpg

The lecturing and hectoring.

10-17_063.jpg

But now... I don't know. Maybe Natalia's improved a tiny bit? Maybe it's because she's just not on much anymore? Maybe it's because Natalia seems like a super-nice person? I don't know. But the hate is gone. She just does not bother me like she used to.

Now, Courtney, on the other hand...

I will ALWAYS despise that f*cking eye-rolling,

1-4_028.jpg1-4_031.jpg

sneering,

21-21_006.jpg1-4_035.jpg

karate-chopping,

08-1220117.jpg

damsel-in-distress

08-112017.jpg08-0820176.jpg

little TWIT. The day she croaked was the day I broke out the champagne. DeadCourtneyFanForever!

2-13_255.jpg2-20_356.jpg

Archived