SOAPnet rewinds Ryan's Hope AGAIN

• Members

I started watching the show on a regular basis a few months ago, and was looking forward to the 1982 episodes and seeing Marg Helgenberger in the role of Siobhan. It looks like seeing Marg in that role will never happen.....

SoapNet has decided to start airing Ryan's Hope from the beginning yet AGAIN.......

I'm so tired of SN f**king up everything, from taking Dynasty off right after I finally got their channel, taking AW off the air, screwing up Days "Sunday Nights In Salem" marathon, and now this crap....... :angry:

Fons like I said in another thread.......

Up your ziggy with a wa-wa brush!

Of course you may like that to much!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is ridiculous!!!! How many times has SOAPnet done this now? 3? 4?

I'm a new RH fan...I only started watching when SOAPnet pulled AW. I've never seen any of the eps pre-1981, and I'm sure I will enjoy them (if SOAPnet doesn't cancel the show altogether).

But they need to finish off the rest of the run first! Where's 1982-1989? Does SOAPnet not have the rights, or do the episodes no longer exist (heaven forbid)??? I am totally invested in the late 1981 stories, and I don't want to have to start all over! It's especially unfair to all the RH fans who have already seen 1975-1981 MULTIPLE TIMES!!!!

What is wrong with SOAPnet??? They make way too many crappy decisions.

Oh, BTW, Andrea, this started with today's episodes. Absolutely no warning. Yesterday we had The Proud and the Passionate and Merit Kara, and today we have a young woman walking down the street in a green dress.

• Members

I cannot begin to tell you how PISSED OFF this makes me! I've been so invested in RH these past few weeks (The "Merit Kara" mummy mystery, The Proud and the Passionate, EJ Ryan)... I couldn't wait to see the "lost" '82 eppies and now we rewind back to '75?!? I seriously don't get it. Or the fact that there was no warning about this... what about current fans of RH who loved what they were seeing? Makes no sense. :(

• Members

I just started watching RH. I love it. So.... what you are saying, they repeat it all over again? That does not sound good.

I wonder if a show like RH would go over today? Roscoe Borne was/is a total fox. Who is the girl who plays Dehlia? She is terrific. Does she still act today? Do her and Joe ever become a couple or were they ever? When was RH cancelled?

• Members

Thanks for the link to this thread, Snark. At least I understand the reason now, but I'm still peeved! How do you just yank the current on-going storyline off the air with no warning? Very, very poor managerial skills on SoapNet's part.

Archived