DAYS: Wednesday

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked today's show. Lots of good ole fashioned interaction amongst the cast. I like what they had going on with Marlena, Hope, and Sami. The EJ and Bo confrontation was good too. I'm gonna feel sorry for EJ if it turns out that he's wrong about Stefano.

Tomorrow looks interesting to say the least.

• Members

Today's episode didn't really do anything for me, but the last 15 minutes or so were great. It's nice to see so many characters interacting.

The sudden use of so many vets is great and it just feels so good to have them back on screen.

The previews for tomorrow look amazing and I can't wait! :D

• Members

Stupid me. It never occurred to me that Sami didn't know EJ looks like Santo. So that ending really sent chills down my spine, especially with Sami's line about Santo being "hot", right before she saw the photo. Nice job with that.

• Members

The fun scenes with Marlena, Hope & Sami are what the show needs for fun & lighter material not a bunch of extras cavorting around as a bunch of stupid party people. Today's was a good example of what they should be doing all the time.

The scenes with Philip & Bo were also excellent.

• Members

I didn't think I would like today's show, but it was alright. Shawn is being stupid again what with lying to Belle (again), but that's typical for him. I think Shawn needs to go off and join the Merchant Marines like his dad and come back when he's all grown up and has some maturity. Loved the girl scenes and them giggling over the Santo/Colleen story. I, personally, am still having a hard time thinking of this as a romantic love story because of the older married man seducing a young innocent novice thing, but that's just me. Still, the scenes were fun. It was cute how Kristian was subtly plugging her jewelry line with the stuff about waiting for the express delivery man.

It was silly to bring Bart back to the rooftop to look at the tattoo, but it was a funny scene. Poor EJ--he really believes in Daddy, but I find it very hard to believe that Stefano didn't know Andre had been masquerading as Tony all these years.

• Members

I missed yesterday's show (it's on tape though) and today was super. Seeing Hope with Sami and Marlena was a real treat and reminded me of how I miss Hope and Jen's visits on the couch eating ice cream. They were all girly and having a great time intruding upon Santos and Colleen's love life. I enjoyed the way the story was fed in today much better, too.

The upset Phil is interesting me because I am so looking forward to his finding his child. It sounds as though he has a daughter instead of a son like I had been supposing.

Tomorrow looks sensational.

• Members

What a great episode. Not that much really happened today action-wise, but I felt like it was still a very fun episode setting up a lot to come and subtly foreshadowing a lot of things that I felt gave clues about where this story is going.

I just can't shake the feeling that all this stuff with EJ not allowing the possibility that Stefano could be in on the Tony-Andre switch and everyone setting him straight on the history of what Stefano had done to Tony is was setting up something really awful to happen to EJ the same way that Stefano did horrible things to Tony in the 80s when he was disloyal. Not sure if it's going to be him getting locked up or shot or Stefano causing EJ's babies to die, but something bad. And I honestly don't think EJ is that clueless that Stefano is up to no good so much as he is just not wanting to admit that his father would do all these awful things so is trying to convince himself when he argues with John and Bo. I did see internal conflict there. But in any event, I really think Hogan is trying to write EJ now as what Tony DiMera was in the 80s. And this pleases me. Such an improvement over what he tried to make EJ out to be when he tried to ruin him as a cartoonish baddie.

I think the ladies swooning over Santo and giggling about what the letters contained made this my favorite Colleen-Santo installment so far (however this is random and picky, but I *HATED* the way that Marlena gasped after Sami gasped when she said she thought Sami was reincarnated as Colleen... for some reason I just found that acting choice really distracting like it reminded me of an old Charity Rahmer as Belle scene from the Hogestyn-Rahmer school of acting clip on YouTube). I loved Marlena and Hope acknowledging Sami as feisty, I just wish they would write her that way all the time and not let her get all weepy, barefoot and pregnant, doormat the way she is around Lucas, and I like how all the stuff that Sami was saying about Colleen setting up all these tests for Santo but still wanting to give in to the passion to the sexy guy with the accent all seemed to apply to her situation with EJ as much as Colleen's with Santo. And then we got the picture reveal at the end of the episode to confirm this. Awesome.

LOVED LOVED LOVED the line about the artichoke about the prickly armor with the tender heart that you claim for your own and the stare. *SWOON* I'm sure some found it cheesy but I need little romantic things like that on this soap. And I loved their secret talk in Italian, too. I'm really digging the theme they play for the Colleen and Santo scenes, and I also am intrigued the way that Santo telling Colleen he just wanted her friendship paralleled the scene from yesterday with EJ just telling Sami he wanted to be her friend. I just wish Colleen could have been wearing like a normal dress instead of the full nun's habit, even if she had to wear the thing over her hair.

The Shelle stuff was kind of blah but when that triangle is only on a couple times a week I can deal. The weird voice thing on the Phillip voice mail was creepy as hell though. Am I supposed to think Anna has something to do with Phillip's baby somehow since that weird voice kind of reminded me of the weird voice thing she set up so Lucas and Sami would meet her at the pier? I don't think I am supposed to see these things as related but I did put them together in my mind because of those similar effects being used.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

• Members

It made me think of all the times when Hope, Melissa and later Jenn would hang out in Mrs. H's living room. I loved those kinds of scenes then and now. It did work well as a way to weave in the Santo and Colleen flashbacks. I also find it easier to believe that the girls would pour over old love letters, than that the men would have a sustained interest. As for Santeen flashbacks, Colleen maybe a novice but she is not a pushover, and I loved the Italian dialogue!

Phillip, Bo and EJ on that roof could start their own heatwave. :P I am a little wary of another baby story, but better Phillip with a baby than Phillip with Belle.

ICAM.

• Members

Pretty good show today..I loved the hope, marlena, and sami scenes..It just seemed so natural seeing them reading the letters together, than when Bo, Hope, doug, julie, john and marlena...The letters just don't seem like something a guy would sit through reading...John showing up was really cute..and i loved john and marlena today...Can't wait for their little adventure looking for Tony..The Bart scenes were hilarious as well, loved the strip search...There were some great lines during that scene by all involved...

I really enjoyed seeing Phillip, Belle, and Shawn today..All three looked very relaxed and happy to be back after their time off...I think they deserve to be backburned for the other stories, but it would be nice to see them at least twice a week...The phillip baby storyline is so exciting..

• Members

Another fantastic show.

It was so great seeing Hope, Sami, and Marlena having fun while reading the letters. The letter reading was much better this time. Loving this story and John showing up was cute.

Roman, John, and Bo working together was great. Bart was hilarious and I loved the one liners. EJ/Bo was some good stuff as well.

I like that Philip/Belle/Shawn is a supporting story now. It really adds to the enjoyment of it. I like Shawn lying because it adds some conflict. Philip's phone calls were weird. I know what is going on yet I am still intrigued like I don't know. Go figure.

Tomorrow looks fantastic!

Archived