GL: Sins of the Father

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I first thought of Josh becoming a man of the cloth I instantly thought they were going the JER route and having Reva possessed. It would be miles better than this crap.

Ugh I don't understand the whole musical chairs thing with Jeffrey/Reva/Josh/Cassie. It's disgusting to watch.

• Members

Since when is drinking a sin?

My pastor has beer at my graduation party.

I guess we have to show the old tired buttoned down priets on TV so people are happy.

I prefer if Josh is going to be a minister that he be a more modern minister...not the stuffy kind.

• Members

I haven't been in church in awhile but I'm pretty sure the only liqiour a person is to take is red wine for the blood of Christ! It is just very hypocritical (sp?) the way they are portraying Josh! Besides that the whole "preacher" thing is so out of left field.

And it is the little things, Josh could have easily declined the beer, he could have been brough a club soda or some other beverage, but it was obviously clear that it was beer! The little things is all I'm saying!! And how can Josh in good faith go and provide guidance to those people who might be alcoholic what is he going say, "Do as I say, not as I do." Lead by example! Wine is holy only when giving praise to the Lord.

And some ministers may drink beer or whatever, but I don't think they would drink when trying to become ordained (again, sp?). Just my thoughts...and he is still living in sin with Cassie!

• Members

I too do not like the preacher idea, unless there is some big reason for it. But lack of storyline should not be it.

Ross, I could actually kind of see doing this, but not Josh!

There are all kinds of ministers, priests, etc.

My wife and I were married in the Lutheran church, one step below catholic and he knew we were living together before marriage. They may not agree, but its life.

Depending on the religion, I can see it going either way. I really do not think it is an issue.

Didn't OLTL once have a priest who was pretty naughty? Thats what makes stories interesting!

• Members

They were funny, and although I am not a fan of Jeffrey, he does have his moments.

But it seems people form their opinion and no matter what happens, they will hate, talk bad about or what have you about that person.

it happens in real life, politics, etc.

• Members

I'm LMAO trying to figure out which church allowed Josh to become a minister for its parish. It's not the drink thing -- I'm Catholic and I've seen a few priests partake of something stronger on very special occasions. I'm talking Josh's romantic history, which is quite the 400-page door-stopper. Parishioners must have cottoned on to the fact that Joshy slept with and married the self-proclaimed "slut of Springfield" a bazillion times. Not to mention that current shack-up Cassie was a former stripper.

Archived