AMC: Eden Riegel returns......sort of

• Members

Watch for Bianca to make an important long-distance call to big sister Kendall (Alicia Minshew) from Paris, where she resides with her toddler daughter, Miranda. I rang up AMC's new head writers, Barbara J. Esensten and James Harmon Brown, to grill them about it.

"We wrote her into the show, crossing our fingers that we could get her back," Esensten told TVGuide.com. "Something is happening on the show that's so important that we had to. She was kind enough to come back because the story really is important enough."

The writers remained vague about the details of this upcoming storyline, but they dropped a few hints. "It's a big story," Esensten said. "It interweaves everybody on the canvas. Everybody has an interest in what happens during this event. But I'll tell you this much: It's not going to be an explosion or a serial killer."

"We're retiring serial killers for awhile," Brown added with a chuckle.

"This event involves Jack, Erica, Kendall, Ryan and Zach," Brown continued. "Because of what happens to these core characters, there will be a domino effect that affects their lives — and just about everyone else's — for the next year and beyond."

Talk about a tease!

By the way, even if AMC couldn't get Eden Riegel back for this cameo appearance, they wouldn't have considered recasting Bianca.

"As you know, the actress has other things she'd like to do," Brown said. "We love the character of Bianca. But I think [Riegel] is so definitively Bianca that the idea of recasting the character is just not an option."

Truer words were never spoken. Could you imagine anyone else playing TV's most saintly lesbian, fellow suds fans? Me neither.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TV..../800017682

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

YAWN!!!!!! Geez they seem to just bring back Bianca all so little miss pixie can go spread about her words of wisdom with her pixie dust. I love Bianca and all but they always just bring her back to the show to be a counselor. I will see if there is another purpose for this phone call but I do not see it that way

• Members

LMAO!

I think she's trying, but unfortunately IMO she doesn't have the Hollywood look. She's a great actress for either Broadway or soaps - so she should stick with AMC and just be content. She was wildly popular on AMC, and she could be again with the right material. She just needs to stay once and for all!

• Members

Well, I don't think Eden is really at fault for her coming and going. She left initially, came back for stints because she loves AMC and then she was fired this go around. Yes, it's annoying, but far more on TPTB than Eden. You can't blame an actress for wanting to try new things and very, very rarely these days to actors contracted with a soap have that opportunity without leaving. And you can't blame Eden for the writing of her as the saintly advice pusher. Considering how the writing has apparently improved since McTavish left and the new headwriting team, I think it's a bit premature to be complaining about this. JMO.

• Members

Because Bianca is a Kane woman. The daughter of a legacy character, some consider her the heart of the show.

Greenlee has some popularity at times, but isn't as nearly as important as Bianca, so she was recastable, although IMO the role is very miscast

• Members

What is the difference? Like SMG, Eden left to so other projects the first time around. If AMC considered the character important they would have recast like they did with Kendall. They still can recast Bianca.

• Members

Eden needs to face facts. You are destined to be a daytime actress for the rest of your career and maybe if you're lucky some broadway action.

I am getting so sick of her constant back and forths.

Archived