Y&R Nikki & David Chow

• Members

I for one am So glad to see Nikki have a story line, I never thought so much drama could come out of this senate race. I've not been reading spoilers lately and was shocked to see Nikki and David kiss! Since Vincent signed a longer contract with the show, do he and Nikki have more to go? I personally hope that they do, i'm not a huge Vincent fan, but Nikki and Victor are about due for a divorce. I just wish this would be Melody and John Enos, considering they had better chemistry.

What are your thoughts??

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't like David period. It still seems like VI isn't connecting to the part. He seems out of place on the show. And David has done nothing to draw me in.

This whole David/Nikki things gives me the willies, and I don't like it. Not to mention the fact that I don't think there's much chemistry between them. The track record of men/women who get in the middle of Victor/Nikki, suriving afterward isn't good.

I guess we'll see.

• Members

I say NAY. Victor and Nikki are forever.

But the more important question(s) that this thread should be about is....

1) WHO do you think SHOULD win?

2) WHO do you think is GOING to win and why?

3) Do they deserve it?

Personally I'm VERY torn by this decision. A part of me wants Jack to win so his father will be proud. Plus the way Nikki has treated Phyllis ever since that incident with Brad has been despicable. I can't belive I ever really liked this woman. I just don't care anymore. The b*tch is like psycho. And her potshots at Jack about John are below pathetic.

On the other hand Jack is exhibiting that smugness that I sometimes love and hate about him. And he has done some lower than low things which John would probably not be very proud of.

But I think Jack is truly good when it comes down to it. So I think she should win and he is going to win because he deserves to get some measure of revenge at Nikki and Jack after all they've done to him.

• Members

ITA - the writing was beyond contrieved pathetic on the wall and David Chow is an even worse character than Carmen Mesta.

I understand that VI is hugely popular from his GL, SaBa (???) and most recently AMC stints but this is really beyond me because he has brought nothing to Y&R and the character plain sucks.

Yet, I'm of course no longer watching the crap formerly known as Y&R and everything could have change for the better in recent weeks. LOL - just kidding. Big fat: NO WAY IN HELL!

• Members

He definitely was good on GL and AMC, but he is DREADFUL on Y&R! He has an awful character and doesn't have chemistry with anyone. He's a waste of time so it's no wonder Latham features him so much. We actually like Ji Min and his chemistry with Jill, so we don't see them. Same for Paul and Maggie.

DavidsMuse, thats for breaking that awful news, but I expected it. He'll probably stay even longer than that. He has very little, if any positive buzz and should've been gone ages ago. If Bobby Marsino couldn't get Nikki away from Victor, this lightweight can't. I would've rather they put Nikki back with Jack or Brad if they HAD to do this right now. Had the been consistant, Nikki wouldn't be selling out her husband and her kids like she is.

• Members

We've just begun to see David Chow's story unfold. VI was brought on for Carmen's story, which fizzled with Victoria Rowell's departure. I've enjoyed the political story and find DC intriguing.

I've watched VI's pairings over the years, relishing each and every one of them for different reasons. At first I wasn't thrilled to see David gravitating towards Nikki (I preferred Sharon), but they've surprised me. David and the "new" Nikki have great chemistry IMO, and I look forward to Victor and David going toe-to-toe. If anyone can face off with VN/EB it's DC/VI, IMO. LML has set up conflict galore for David - with Victor, with Jack and with Brad, for starters. LOL. VI is an amazing actor. It's fascinating to watch him create a brand new character, a multi-layered grayscale. I'm thrilled David and Vincent will be around through next January, and I hope he then signs a multiple-year contract. Y&R is fortunate to have him, IMO. And I'm hooked on Y&R now, the best soap on Daytime!

• Members

The difference between this David and David Hayward for me is the way VI plays them. VI seemed to get inside of DH's head and heart. He knew what made him tick. Even when I hated DH, I still felt something for him. I don't feel anything for DC. VI seems to still be feeling out the part, which is fine, I guess, but it's weighing on my liking the character. There's nothing about him that makes me want to watch more. That has made me care what or who he does. It's just like, " Ya so?". And now he's tangling it up romantically with Nikki, getting in the middle of Victor and Nikki? What about David makes me want him to win? So far, nothing.

• Members

Yeah I'm not liking this David Chow character either; whenever I do watch Y&R. However VI is a great actor; it's just LML's pathetic writing.

This might be a bit off topic, but what does everyone think about Billy Warlock on Y&R? I haven't really seen much of him, although I don't really watch Y&R that much anymore.

Archived