Y&R Nikki & David Chow

• Members

I'm surprised that I really like this storyline. When I heard that David/Nikki would be paired I screamed NOOOOOO! Now I like Nikki, and I'm a big VI fan (I'd listen to him read a phone book, lol ) . BUT the thought of this pairing was awful to me.

Especially since I love victor/nikki. BUT... when I watched it begin to play out. I really liked it! First of all, I don't seem to mind (as some soap fans seem to) two favs battling each other. In fact I tend to like each "enemy" because from that conflict we get some interesting story. So David/Victor battling is not a bad thing to me. I want to see Victor kick David's butt. Then I want David to be more than Victor expected. I want to see some conflict, some drama. And in the end I do want Victor (maybe a little.. just a *little*... humbled and more appreciative of Nikki) back with Nikki.

I also really like that MTS is getting a good story and some airtime. She's excelled in this. She and VI have good chemistry, and I have no problem with this relationship short term. I see so much potential for story here... and i'm surprised by my own reaction.

it's a pairing I'd not have chosen, but I'm really liking it now that it's unfolding!

I think he's doing a great job with a filler or 'accent' character. I can't see this character long term but he's quite enjoyable as the spunky campaign manager.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So obviously there's a rule in daytime that all super couples need to follow...

Get married and get divorced! The more you have them together, the further you need to tear them apart. This has happened before to Nikki and Victor. He was briefly married to Hope, Nikki was married to that Doctor until his ex-wife Veronica killed him and almost killed her.

If this is going to keep VI around then I say have them get caught and start a relationship. Soon enough he'd probably turn psycho or maybe Sheila could take over his body and Niktor will go on for another few years.

The one thing I never liked was how they broke Niktor up. It usually starts out with Nikki being mad at Victor and then he does something stupid then they get divorced.

Archived