Days: Wednesday, June 13

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I take Jett referring to the toilet as porcelain goddess as one of things like a guy calling his a boat a she. It's a characteristic thing of males to refer to an inanimate object as feminine. Mind you, it's usually something they're fond of, lol, but that's the way it read to me.

• Members

I was a little confused about the comment before the flashbacks, too. I was expecting to see maybe Addie, who we know is dead. Instead we got Tom Horton, who has passed away, but Alice, Marie and Bill are still alive. Because of Marie's connection to Nick (grandmother) and Bill's connection to Lucas (father), I can't believe the characters would die offscreen without more of a mention than today. I think there was even a mention of Bill recently, at Lucas and Sami's wedding. So I think maybe it was meant as a tribute to the actors who have passed away. I believe I saw Neil Curtis in one of the flashbacks, too--is the actor who portrayed him still alive? Sorry, can't remember his name.

• Members

I am a poor college student and I have had the same Tv for 10 yearsand I saw the people in the flashbacks just fine. Having said that, I am tired of the special effects and the bluriness of some flashbacks. The viewers are smart enough to know when flashbacks are being shown, so I see no point in the fuzzy flashbacks, except for Wyman to get off on.

• Members

I was loving the dialogue today, Meg Kelly did a wonderful job!

I know it's wrong, but I loved the way Stephanie was acting like a hobag toward's Steve. I can see her point, she really doesn't even know Steve and is just rebelling because of the way she was brought up. I think the actress is outstanding, she makes the bad writing for her work. Too bad I can't say the same thing about the guy who plays Jeremy. I know the writing for Jeremy is awful, but he needs to be recasted pronto.

And word to Phillip calling Shawn out about using the poverty card. This is actually a triangle I can get behind, with three capable actors this time around.

I wish Doug and Julie would stay around, I don't know what it is about them but they make me smile when I watch them. SSH can be over the top sometimes, but who cares there are people like that in real life. Bill Hayes sure gets around good for someone in his 80's. The flashbacks were nicely used, I was hoping for Hope in police academy though.

Bope are easily my favorite couple, so its nice to see them how they should be. If I wasn't spoiled for someon'e return tomorrow there is no way I would have guessed it was her. The previews actually wanted me to tune in, and that usally doesn't happen.

I am anticipating tomorrow's show and to also see how Stefano's return affecting DAYS ratings.

• Members

Bo and Hope's scenes towards the end of the episode are the best Bope stuff we've had all year...thats not really saying much..but the dialog was wonderful..Loved the back and forth bickering of who would go down first..and Julie's line about picking straws was hillarious..I had a big smile on my face watching these scenes...

• Members

If we're being technical (which it seems we are), I, too, could SEE the PEOPLE. It's just that the faces weren't very clear, and for scenes I'd never seen before, it would be good to see it all as it aired--especially since they were a tribute to now-gone actors. I don't want to spend five seconds confirming it's male or female.

• Members

I'm sorry, but I just can't agree. A car's different. It's strange, but they call it a girl, while at the same time thinking of it as a "great, massive, poweerful thing" -- LIKE A PENIS. It's a male extension. It's strange.

Toilets on the other hand, are small. small. and not powerful or manly. So I fail to see why he should call it a porcelain "goddess" -- unless he was gay and subscribes to the culture of feminizing words.

Archived