Days: Wednesday, June 13

• Members

Triple word.

That aggravated the hell out of me because I couldn't recognize ANYONE. I couldn't even tell how old those clips were. I'm sure the music that was used during the Bo/Hope/Doug flashback probably wasn't originally in that scene, was it? Because that aggravates me too, and ATWT tends to do that a lot. Thankfully, AMC doesn't frick up its flashbacks.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey, I just remember something I'd forgotten. Robert is Jeremy's uncle. The character of Robert had been off the air for a while, and then he came back as Robin's uncle. So he's related to Jeremy.

Also, I wish they'd mention David, Scotty, and Little Doug occasionally.

• Members

Memories, light the corners of my mind

misty, watercolor memories....

of the way we were

Seriously, I guess that's the intent - to show them as memories softened by time. (And maybe the quality of the old film has degraded and this is a way to hide that).

• Members

I love Nick but if they do this right I think Jett's fiance, Jett, Nick and Chelsea could be an interesting quad. Isn't Jett's fiance supposed to be some medical student? I bet she's a nerd just like Nick. I mean I like Nick and Chelsea too so I am happy either way, like if this is just a temporary thing where they want to have Chelsea lose her virginity to him instead of Nick because of the Billie thing.

• Members

I quite wonder if the EXTREME blurriness that you mentioned is all about economics.

Perhaps, if they don't perfectly show the actor, they don't have to pay royalties, or beneficiaries get a pay cut?

I mean, that's the ONLY excuse (unjustified of course) for having that SHITTY effects all over it!!!

• Members

I agree. The effects are more annoying then anything else but the last two years have been better. They simply have a fuzzy feel to them but I can still see the characters and can still tell what is happening, unlike some of what we got in 2004-2005. There should be no effects on the flashbacks but it's not as bad as some say. Far from it.

• Members

The special effects were annoying, but I could still see their faces. It's not that bad and I don't have HDTV. I think watching Days on a 13" screen tv would be a problem. I wish they would just color the flashback and stop blurring the video. That would be better. It's already bad that we have those special effects for the endings.

• Members

I'm surprised I'm the only one who's seeing this whole killing off of Bill and Marie thing. They specifically mention, Tom, Alice, Bill, and Marie with teary fondness. We know Alice is still alive, but she's also the only one still relevant to the canvas. Marie has a grandchild in Nick, but few other connections, save Hope, Doug, Julie, and Alice. Bill has even less than Marie. I can't imagien these character ever being as relevant as they once were on this show, so why couldn't it be taken as not only a tribute to the actors, but the characters as well? The fact that neither have had significant relevance since the early 90's (for Bill) and the 80's (for Marie) just cements that for me. In a perfect world, sure there would a be a real, fitting tribute to them. From a business stand point, and even from a creative one, it would be a disruption. I mean, Mickey's the only relevant Horton sibling anymore and he's not even on the show! I don't know why this is bugging me so much; I just don't see how others don't see it.

• Members

And I saw the flashbacks fine; never saw any of those scenes before ever, and I fully recognized 80's Peter, Kristian and Bill- Ed- Lanna- Mac- Frances. It was so wonderful.

The effects ARE annoying as hell, though.

Archived