Oh No! One Life to Live Character Will Die Off Screen

• Members

Phil Carey could perform though Jay. Phil was doing a great job until ONE LIFE disrespected this treasured, loved castmember. He should still be on the show ON CONTRACT as should Dan Gauthier(Kevin), Heather Tom(Kelly) & Renee Goldsberry(Evangeline). If ABC and ONE LIFE had treated them all better and cared for ONE LIFE and its fans, they would still be there. Michael Easton(John McBain) should've been the one fired instead of getting a huge pay increase. Plus there are others that should be cut like Tobias Truvilion(Vincent), David Chisum(Miles) and if one must axe a vet, how about Kamar de los Reyes(Antonio), I don't too many people would be pissed to see him go! Also Nathaniel Martston(Michael) and Kathie Brier(Marcie) should be axed after the Tommy/Todd Jr reveal and custody fight IMHO, their storyline potential has dried up imho.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So it is OLTL's fault that Phil got lung cancer? OLTL wrote a storyline around Asa that was ruined because of Phil's health, that is no one's fault, it is life. But how many more storylines should OLTL ruin? Phil could no longer perform his job duties and they offered him recurring. He is luckier then most would be in his situation.

• Members

KAnder5695, I wasn't refering to Phil's lung cancer, I was refering to the treatment they gave him regarding the contract and wanting him on recurring instead.

This is the first I heard of this. If true, ONE LIFE should've still gave Phil a contract. If they decided against to due to his health, that sounds like grounds for a discrimination lawsuit IMHO. ONE LIFE execs and ABC should be very ashamed. I'm afraid of how this will effect Phil Carey's health, like GH and ABC's treatment of Anna Lee contributed to her downward turn in health and ultimately her death (this was per her friends and co-stars Jane Elliot, Stuart Damon & Leslie Charleson). Phil was doing a good job and was looking better in his last couple months on the show as far as what aired (and that's what I was talking about). I sure hope Phil's cancer didn't come back, but it really makes me think so with your insider info.

• Members

I honestly can't believe what I'm reading, How in the hell is it selfish if Phil Carey turns down a slap in the face like RECURRING.

He's more than earned the right to be FRONT BURNER.

Let me guess, Julia Barr is selfish too? It's attitudes like that, is why ABC is able to get away with this BS for so long <_<

• Members

Just had some thoughts about the alternative: playing devil's advocate. ABC is not exactly known for its tact and decorum, however no doubt Phil Carey could easily have died from the lung cancer, and still isn't 100%. Asking him back,even on a short term contract, just to play out Asa's death seems callous and morbid possibly even by DH/FV standards.

• Members

Yea, so the hell what. Yes he's earned the right to be front burner, but how the hell can he be? Yes he was looking good when you saw him about two months ago, but the reality is that he taped those scenes, about a month or so before that, so yes, he was looking good then, but by all means, he is NOT able to perform at a contract level, as of now. Phil Carey is just mad because they didnt give him a contract just for the hell of it. That would be dumb on ABC's part and it would be a waste of money that they clearly do not have. I will go as far as to say that this was not an ageist move on ABC because he would have just been fired. They were looking out for him because working recurring would have been much easier and healthier. Julia Barr is a lost cause. Yes, I said it. She was a lost cause to AMC. Mctavish had nothing for her because she wanted to write for Ryan too much, Jill Carruthers(sp?), is a hack in her own right, and frons...well his initials are BS. This is way different than PC. The two aren't even comparable and to say that they are shows that you do not understand the situations for what they really are.

Archived