What does Rosie's show mean for CBSDaytime?

• Members

I think the same thing can be said about Rosie though. She wasn't exactly the brightest bulb on the View either. This woman was making outrageous claims about the WTC saying that steel can't melt!!! :lol: Well, how to do you think that they make and mold steel!!! :D Maybe they mine it and it is already pre-formed!!! That had to be the funniest and dumbest thing that has ever been said on television!!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rosie definitely did go above and beyond to be friends with Elisabeth. The haters just won't see that, no matter what.

ChrisB, you were 100% correct in everything you said.

And Rosie did not PUSH her lifestyle on anyone. Because she's a lesbian she's forbidden to discuss anything about that? I'm glad she feels open enough to talk about it. Everyone else talked about their romances, their kids, etc. so why is Rosie's any different? She would of pimped her cruise regardless.

• Members

I disagree. I agree that Ro made great effort to be Bits's friend, but that doesn't mean she wasn't just as eager to find the first opportunity to cut her down to size.

And once again, say what you will about Bits, but Ro did the same thing, just spew "Democrat" rhetoric (instead of Republican). It's all political. No one can really argue that. That's why I laugh whenever libs say that Ro just says the truth but Bits speaks from Fox News perspective. Um, no, that's just because YOU'RE BIASED. That's okay to be that way; just please,don't say one is right and the other is spewing crap and is naive and uneducated.

It's a two-way street.

• Members

I don't see Rosie's show going up against The View since The Price is Right is on at that time and it is doing fine right now in ratings (I just hope they can keep them once Bob Barker retires. As someone says, with the right host it can still survive). Rosie's show should go on at a different time but which time is the question

Maybe they can cut The Early Show off an hour and for that hour use it for Rosie's show

• Members

While I don't so much know logistics and things of that nature, but I tend to agree with her conspiracy theory about a government cover up and even set up.

But I don't need a Conservative Pal to "clarify" my statements if FOX NEWS decides to care what I think.

• Members

No one is saying Elisabeth is wrong because her political beliefs. My problem is that I don't believe she knows what she's saying the majority of the time. This explains why her follow up is generally "it's complicated," fact facts or yelling over the other person so they can't say what they want.

There have been tons of great conservative guest cohosts, including Amy Holmes who regularly appears on CNN. When she was on (with Rosie btw), they had great political debates just like when Lisa Ling was on the show. No fights, no talking over each other or anything. Holmes knew the issues and gave an unbias opinion on things.

Elisabeth will support anything Pro-Conservative regardless of whether or not it's true or even if she knows anything about it. Like when she beat up on Bobby Kennedy's daughter (with proven false "facts") about her documentary on torture.

• Members

Elisabeth owes alot to Rosie. before Rosie came along Elisabeth was just that pretty blonde that got shut down several times and never really contributed much to the hot topics discussion. Rosie forced Elisabeth to grow a back bone and stand up for herself and actually contribute something She is still that pretty little blonde with not much to contribute but at least she spoke up. Elisabeth then stabbed Rosie in the back..... and I support Rosie 100% because what Elisabeth did was wrong by not just saying no, I don't think you called the troops terrorists. I mean all you have to do is look at the transcript in question and Rosie clearly made a point that it was the USAgovernment that are the terrorists, not the tropps. Elisabeth just ran with her pro-Bush, pro-war pro-Fox News rhetoric. Elisabeth is a fool and like I said should thank Rosie for actually becoming some what legitimate on The View.

I really hope Roseanne Barr gets the gig. Elisabeth thinks she's in the clear with Rosie gone, ahem think again Bitzy :)

• Members

What I am saying is that if anyone, including Ro or Elizabeth, makes claims or arguments that are controversial, then they better have the logistics to back up those claims. If they don't have proof, facts, scientific basis, fundamental knowledge about a subject, then they end up looking like a complete idiot. Ro made a statement that made her look like a buffoon when she was trying to argue a controversial point. She has no basis in fact. It is all rumors and supposition. I don't understand how she can be surprised or upset by the negative attention she is getting. And why should Elizabeth have to defend someone who has a track record of putting in her foot in her mouth. Ro says/implies stuff that puts her on the hot seat. Backlash is a consequence of pushing the envelope.

I really could care less about these two people but if Elizabeth watches Fox News and gets her info from them at least she is getting her info from what many consider a legitimate source. Where does Ro get her info from?? Internet sites that spread rumors and conspiracies??? Who knows and I don't care! I don't really like either one of these women and I don't like the View but it is fun to discuss!! :P

Maybe the Cigarette Man is to blame for everything!! He watched Presidents' die don't ya know!!!! (X-Files fans know what I am talking about!!!) :lol:

• Members

Rosie had a very successful, profitable, and critically acclaimed talk show for years as The Queen of Nice. So I don't know how you can say her own solo show would be a disaster just because she doesn't have that uneducated troll to spar with....

I'd rather see Rosie on a CNN, Headline News, or MSNBC show with serious topics, and with people to have political discussions with people that are worthy. I know when I get in a debate with someone retarded I'm far more inclined to just get loud and tell the other person to shut up because their stupidity is annoying, than I would be if I was having a conversation with someone who can keep me on my toes.

• Members

Hmmmmm...I don't know how successful Ro would be if she tried another show like what she had before. She was known as the queen of nice at that time and it was successful for a quite a while. I can't remember if it was canceled due to low ratings or if she didn't want to do any more seasons. I remember that her Rosie magazine didn't sell well. The problem is that she isn't viewed as the queen of nice by a lot of people anymore. Too much controversy has surrounded her; the failure of her magazine, the public battle and lawsuit regarding that mag, her very public battles with other popular celebrities, and the further alienation of "conservative" fans by some of recent her statements on the View. It would be very interesting to see if she could do another show like she did and if it would succeed or not.

Personally, I don't think Ro would do a very good job on CNN, MSNBC or any other legitimate news organization. She is too biased and she lets that bias cloud her opinion and judgement. Plus, she would never let her opponent or other guests get their views in!! She would to be too busy screaming at them about how they are wrong!!!! :lol: I think if she did try and argue with someone who was well versed in whatever subject being discussed, I don't think she would come out looking very good or intelligent!! There is too much emotion and not enough fact behind her arguments.

• Members

I agree with whyamcwhy. I say that another Ro solo show wouldn't work because, as that poster suggested, no longer is Ro "The queen of nice." The Rosie O'Donnell Show was HUGE in its heyday because she found an untapped niche. She was really nice, had the broadway shows and confetta and koosh balls, and it appealed to not just adults but children too. A second solo Ro wouldn't be that way. It certainly wouldn't appeal to children due to the more adult-oriented topics she clearly wants to delve into; also, she's no longer the queen of nice; she's biased, mean and intolerant of anything conservative (although she put up a good front by trying to be "friends" with Bits. Like it was a favor!) There's a reason why the Tom Sellec (k? I forget how it's spelled) interview on the first show drew so much controversy and why public opinion toward her went down in that time. It was unexpected for that kind of fuzzy-feeling show, and people didn't like it.

Today, on a show like "The View," it works. On her own, I don't see it working because again, she'd have to invite guests on that would know they were in for a fight, as there aren't regular guest hosts to spar with and get it out of her system. Her controversy can work for her and against her, and it will really be interesting to see what her next project will be, and whether the controversy that surrounds her, favors her. REmember, especially with a talk show, that all elements must add up. Not just host but music, sets, lighting --- even if just ONE of the elements is out of place or "wrong" it can ruin the whole show, despite the host. Indeed, we are in for a VERY EXCITING wait-and-see period!

• Members

Yeah, I forgot. She has this thing against being able to buy a handgun at a walmart without any legitimate background checks, so that people can't walk into a school and murder children. Won't let the government abandon the first responders who are now dying because officials pronounced the air at ground zero as being safe. Doesn't tollerate rich old white men from trampling on the most basic of human rights. And doesn't want to let the government off the hook for lying to get itself into an illegal war to invade a soverign nation against the UN, that has killed millions more innocent Iraqi civilians than the deaths seen on 9/11/2001.

Mean mean Rosie... :rolleyes:

Archived