What does Rosie's show mean for CBSDaytime?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We'll agree there, but my point was, if she goes solo with her new gig -- literally -- then whom will she argue with? That she could argue with Bitsy and have "hot topics" to chat about is why she got noticed. She can keep some form of hot topics but if she's just talking and ranting and raving and bitching to herself, well, that can get reaaaaaaaal old, reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal fast.

• Members

Rosie doesn't need to argue with an idiot like Bitsy to get ratings. The View had buzz and the higher ratings before there were any fights. And honestly the vast majority of the year there weren't fueds. It was selected days, but the ratings were still high.

This is because Rosie brought interesting topics to Hot Topics, the confetti, guest involvement with all the gifts, Autism/Depression, etc. specials and the Broadway performances. Basically, she added a lot of depth to the show. I also think she is the only one (besides Star) who has shown any interest in the celebs during the interviews. She doesn't embarass them like Barbara, insult them like Joy or talk over them like Bitsy.

CBS' strategy with this coming season is to take daring risks so they can have the buzz along with the ratings. All of their pilots show this change, especially the musical Viva Blackpool remake. A Rosie should would add buzz to their daytime lineup and I do think it could be helpful to CBSDaytime overall.

But I definitely do not want anything to happen to TPIR. I think the show will survive without Bob Barker. The format is too good and I can't see them doing a piss poor job replacing him. They've been searching for months.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ May 28 2007, 11:38 PM)
Rosie doesn't need to argue with an idiot like Bitsy to get ratings. The View had buzz and the higher ratings before there were any fights. And honestly the vast majority of the year there weren't fueds. It was selected days, but the ratings were still high.

This is because Rosie brought interesting topics to Hot Topics, the confetti, guest involvement with all the gifts, Autism/Depression, etc. specials and the Broadway performances. Basically, she added a lot of depth to the show. I also think she is the only one (besides Star) who has shown any interest in the celebs during the interviews. She doesn't embarass them like Barbara, insult them like Joy or talk over them like Bitsy.

CBS' strategy with this coming season is to take daring risks so they can have the buzz along with the ratings. All of their pilots show this change, especially the musical Viva Blackpool remake. A Rosie should would add buzz to their daytime lineup and I do think it could be helpful to CBSDaytime overall.

But I definitely do not want anything to happen to TPIR. I think the show will survive without Bob Barker. The format is too good and I can't see them doing a piss poor job replacing him. They've been searching for months.

Very well said and ITA! Rosie=ratings despite what you feel about her. She made the show this past year, and IMO I don't see The View around past next year, at the most. This year they were slowly doing away with a HUGE chunk of the 'puff pieces' that had become a staple of the show in the past. Sure there were stull those segments here and there, but not near as much as before, particularly the three years leading up to season 10.

If Rosie is up for it, she could totally pull if off and CBS is smart to want to work with her. Even this past year, CBS has shown a rather productive and lucrative change that mos def seems to be continuing.

As for the TPIR, I don't think it's going anywhere, no matter what CBS and Rosie decide. It's a trademark show, and even without BB, the show can go on with a good host. I can see them getting a really great host for the new season of TPIR and if they get a show with Ro, pimping the heck outta it. It would definitely, IMO, push CBS daytime that much further ahead of the pack.

• Members

And yet, God forbid, if she gets another Tom Selleck and history repeats itself. :lol:

She's a fighter. Let's face it!

And she may not wanna argue, but if that's true, she has a funny way of showing it!

I don't think most liberals have acknowledged that Rosie's last fight on "The View" made no sense. Why should Bitsy speak for Ro? And why should Ro pressure Bitsy to speak for her?

Basically, Ro huffed and puffed and quit the show for no justifiable reason. Unless, in her book, Bitsy's not bowing to Ro's mammoth-sized ego is justifiable.

• Members

Most people don't understand the fight with Elisabeth because they only watch clips and not the show over an extended period of time. As someone who has, I can definitely say that Rosie has gone above and beyond to be friends with Elisabeth because everyone expected them to hate each other. Rosie's gone places with Elisabeth off camera, they email, etc. Just look at this Hasselbeck birthday celebration yesterday, Rosie invited Elisabeth and Tim to spend a week at her huge Miami mansion (without her) that Barbara Striesand recently stayed at.

Does that sound like a woman who dislikes Elisabeth? No way in hell. Rosie thought she was a true friend, but really Rosie is an idiot. Before she arrived Elisabeth was anti-gay saying things like, "If gay people are allowed to get married, it will be a gateway to people marrying their toasters." Since Rosie arrived she's claimed that she's always been supportive of gay rights. In other words, she's just tolerating Rosie if she can't even acknowledge a change of opinion.

Before Rosie arrived the other co-hosts ate Elisabeth alive and often ignored her because she couldn't explain her thoughts. Rosie made a point to regularly stop the conversation and say "Let Elisabeth talk and have an opinion." This had never happened before, even Barbara has berated Elisabeth ON AIR for fighting with the cohosts over her opinion. Rosie is the only who showed any signs of respect for Elisabeth's opinion, IMO.

Now we're at this final fight:

Rosie was upset that Elisabeth was sitting there praising Fox News as "fair and balanced" when they for months have been attacking every word she says. Most of the fueds and comments they were picking on were taken out of context, much like the "who are the terroists" one. Hell, even on The O'Reilly factor the guy admitted he didn't even know who Joy was, so how the hell are they an athority on what Rosie said?

I digressed a bit, but basically, wouldn't you be upset if you friend called a station "fair and balanced" that said you said the troops were terroists? Elisabeth has been vile on that show for years, but before she had Star and now she has Rosie to overshadow her in the press. Before people just ignored her.

Something else that is also overlooked is that Elisabeth was arguing with Joy before this started. Joy was simply reading a list of facts about the President's dreadful time in office and Elisabeth was shrieking and Joy had to repeatedly tell her that she already had her time to speak.

Elisabeth isn't capable of stating a true opinion, she states basic retorhic she hears on Fox News. Hell, she even had the nerve to attack Rory Kennedy with "facts" that had been proven 100% false. Of course Rosie had to stop her and this was also said to be Rosie picking on her.

So basically my point is, no I don't think Rosie is a fighter, bully or mean person. You guys need to watch the show consistantly so you can make a truthful opinion. If you see Elisabeth in action, starting the fights with everyone, you would understand better.

Look on YouTube for the video of her crying in Barbara's lap and Barbara having to calm her down.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ May 29 2007, 03:23 AM)
Look on YouTube for the video of her crying in Barbara's lap and Barbara having to calm her down.

why was she crying? An I agree with most of what you said. It would really be hard for me to be friends with somone that loves the network that keeps attacking me.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ May 29 2007, 03:23 AM)
Most people don't understand the fight with Elisabeth because they only watch clips and not the show over an extended period of time. As someone who has, I can definitely say that Rosie has gone above and beyond to be friends with Elisabeth because everyone expected them to hate each other. Rosie's gone places with Elisabeth off camera, they email, etc. Just look at this Hasselbeck birthday celebration yesterday, Rosie invited Elisabeth and Tim to spend a week at her huge Miami mansion (without her) that Barbara Striesand recently stayed at.

Does that sound like a woman who dislikes Elisabeth? No way in hell. Rosie thought she was a true friend, but really Rosie is an idiot. Before she arrived Elisabeth was anti-gay saying things like, "If gay people are allowed to get married, it will be a gateway to people marrying their toasters." Since Rosie arrived she's claimed that she's always been supportive of gay rights. In other words, she's just tolerating Rosie if she can't even acknowledge a change of opinion.

Before Rosie arrived the other co-hosts ate Elisabeth alive and often ignored her because she couldn't explain her thoughts. Rosie made a point to regularly stop the conversation and say "Let Elisabeth talk and have an opinion." This had never happened before, even Barbara has berated Elisabeth ON AIR for fighting with the cohosts over her opinion. Rosie is the only who showed any signs of respect for Elisabeth's opinion, IMO.

Now we're at this final fight:

Rosie was upset that Elisabeth was sitting there praising Fox News as "fair and balanced" when they for months have been attacking every word she says. Most of the fueds and comments they were picking on were taken out of context, much like the "who are the terroists" one. Hell, even on The O'Reilly factor the guy admitted he didn't even know who Joy was, so how the hell are they an athority on what Rosie said?

I digressed a bit, but basically, wouldn't you be upset if you friend called a station "fair and balanced" that said you said the troops were terroists? Elisabeth has been vile on that show for years, but before she had Star and now she has Rosie to overshadow her in the press. Before people just ignored her.

Something else that is also overlooked is that Elisabeth was arguing with Joy before this started. Joy was simply reading a list of facts about the President's dreadful time in office and Elisabeth was shrieking and Joy had to repeatedly tell her that she already had her time to speak.

Elisabeth isn't capable of stating a true opinion, she states basic retorhic she hears on Fox News. Hell, she even had the nerve to attack Rory Kennedy with "facts" that had been proven 100% false. Of course Rosie had to stop her and this was also said to be Rosie picking on her.

So basically my point is, no I don't think Rosie is a fighter, bully or mean person. You guys need to watch the show consistantly so you can make a truthful opinion. If you see Elisabeth in action, starting the fights with everyone, you would understand better.

Chris,

Again, very well said!!! I FLOVE you, LoL, :wub:

• Members

It was the last episode before Rosie arrived and there was a big debate about the morning after pill. Elisabeth, as usual, couldn't back up her opinion with a valid argument and got so worked up that she was crying in Barbara's lap and Barbara had to seriously stop her and basically say, "Calm down, you're acting crazy."

Of course this didn't make the big press because Elisabeth isn't a star for The View. But it's definitely on YouTube.

I'm all about fairness and the press just isn't fair when it comes to Rosie. You could take a small statement from anyone of us and make us look however you wanted us to. Thats what has happened to Rosie and it's not fair. I do agree with her that it's because she's overweight and a lesbian.

I remember when she first arrived message boards were saying she kept pushing her "lifestyle choice" on the viewers. This is obviously insane since every co-host has talked about their personal life from day one. People were out to hate Rosie from day one, but her fans far out number the haters.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ May 28 2007, 11:38 PM)

But the frontrunners according to several media sources are George Hamilton, Mark Steines, and Mario Lopez. I know I am pre-judging, but I am pretty sure two out of those three were chosen for their names and NOT because they're a good game show host. This is gonna be Rolf Benershke all over again!

• Members

I disagree. Rosie DID push her lesbian lifestyle on everyone. I'm not saying that in a negative way, but she really mentioned "gay" "lesbian" and other similar words ("gay cruise" anybody?) A LOT on the show. She definitely had an agenda. I think that's obvious.

I'd also like to say that Ro didn't have to hash out her issues with Bitsy, right or wrong, in public. That was a private matter, don't you think? So I can think she was wrong for that. And in that sense, I still think she was a bully. It was national television.

Archived