GH Speculation

• Members

I thought it best to put this here so not to possibly get spoilerish.

Now, the Emmy presenters have been announced and Tony Geary and Genie Francis are presenting. I am thinking that this would be the perfect time to announce that Genie is returning. She has stated she would come back. Stuart Damon was fired and Ted King has left, freeing up money. Tristian Rogers, although recurring, also must have cost some decent money as well.

Now Tony Geary is going on his vacation. What if while Luke was away, Laura had a breakthrough and wakes up? The writing is on the wall for a Laura return. There is Scotty fighting for guardianship. Lulu is going to find out about the rape. Laura is getting more of a storyline than a lot of the characters and she isn't even on contract! Could you imagine the triangle with Luke/Laura/Tracy? I just think it would be amazing!

Now of course Genie could just be presenting because she is Genie and has finally gotten a nomination. I just think it's almost too coincidental that she is being mentioned so much and will given the perfect platform to announce her return. Her and Tony did it before....

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish. This is another thing I don't want to get my hopes up about. I really thought they would announce she was coming back last winter when she was quoted in the mags saying she wanted to return and I was disappointed. Maybe it'll really happen this time around.

• Members

That was my first thought, too. I'm not holding my breath but I'd watch GH again every day if Genie returned. I do think there's a point she HAS to be brought back. Scotty's back, Lulu will find out about the rape ... the timing is soooo perfect. GH is stupid if they don't capitalize on this. Genie has said she'd come back if they just make her an offer!

I think GH is probably trying to delay it as long as possible to save money. Sounds silly, but in this day and age you never know ... Imagine Luke going away and then coming back and having Laura be awake? Holy crap that would be great stuff.

• Members

I hope that Genie does indeed return... I LOVED her run in November and the only other time I cried that hard(her scenes as she slipped away) was the day my paternal grandmother who I was extremely close too died. I remember sitting with her, much like Lulu did with Laura as my grandmother slipped away.

Archived