Y&R Discussion: Week of May 14th

• Members

Phyllis is grieving. I can't really expect her to be the "strong, vibrant, diva" that we all know she is when shes completely devastated over losing Nick. At least thats how I'm looking at it. I'm not saying I'm right but I do think its a logical conclusion.

On an entirely different note can I just say how much I LOVED the final scenes of today's episode! FINALLY NEIL GETS THE POWER! I loved Victor calling Brad out on his shady crap. And I love that he told him he will ANSWER TO NEIL from now on. Classic! Can't wait to see the look on his face tomorrow. The bastard needs to leave the Newmans ALONE.

2mor is gonna be a tearjerker I think...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^ Yeah, there were like 5 times yesterday when I wanted to smack Brad's face. I think I've gone from hating him to loving to hate him in a way. Not because DD is so good, but because the writer's are just making him as odious as possible and it's pretty funny at times. Who does he think he is barging into JT's place like he did and telling him to stay away from Vikki? Is he staying away from Sharon? Last I checked he uses every opportunity to end up on her doorstep.

Then when he kept interrupting Victoria when she was talking to Phyllis and Nikki. She had to tell him three damn times to wait a minute. The girl is trying to plan her brother's memorial, but what he has to say is just soooo important he can't possibly wait 5 minutes. Victor giving the Co-CEO position to Neil was a moment of beauty. I thought the only reason there were co-ceo's is that Victor didn't want to choose between his children. It seems like at this point he would give the whole thing to Victoria. But whatever! Inconsistant writing or not, I love the fact that Brad has to answer to Neil. I hope he lords it over Bradski just the way he did to Neil.

• Members

Oh yeah, the ending was priceless. They should have stressed the scene more (longer music, camera stares of the actors) but the ffect was still hilarious.

As I said, I liked Brad yesterday but I still was cheering at Boywonder getting kicked by OldVic.

Still, a huge WTF!?: I mentioned it in the other thread already: But why exactly was Kay visiting Phyllis? I thought the scene was nice but still totally bullsh*t because it made no sense. At least they could have bothered to give it some more sense.

• Members

At first I thought it was a little odd that Kay visited Phyllis as well, since there isn't a friendship there. Then I thought about it more and (at least to me) it does make sense. Kay is of a much older generation, so I think the idea of visiting a new widow to show comfort is more common to her generation and social class, even if you aren't close to that person. Nikki is Kay's best friend, so her calling on Nick's widow isn't that far out there, imo. Plus Kay has been a widow for like 25 years, so she probably feels empathy for someone who is in the same situation. I've always thought that Vikki and Nick should be a little closer to Kay, since they grew up with her as Nikki's best friend.

• Members

Did anyone watch Friday? I'm shocked at the lack of commentary. I admit I haven't watched yet. Even TV funerals depress me. I hear Brad and Vikki look like they are making up though, which may be even sadder than a funeral for someone who is almost certainly still among us. <_<

• Members

In parts it was pretty good.

Loved seeing all those flashbacks and Eric Braeden was once again incredible. FLOVED the Jill/Victor scene...

Phyllis on the other hand was ANNOYING. She's the widdow, I usally would care for her, but not int his case. There's just too much melodrama and the writers paint her as Nick's wife of 100 years. Reality check, please. I also thought the Nick/Phyllis-flashbacks were WTF-worthy - Phyllis lamenting how much "this house" meant to her and Nickolas - cue flashbacks, but not one single scene that played there, most of which from her adulterous affair and totally torn out of context.

Overall the episode was okay, could have still been much better and I expect nothing from the days to come. Isn't Eric Braeden leaving very soon? Victor was already suspicisously phoning with Hope...

• Members

I really dont know what to think. I dont read spoilers so dont say anything, but Im surprised they have gone this far with Nick's "Death". When he and Sharon were first announced dead, it didnt phase me bc I thought it was the typical soap death and I was reaffirmed when Sharon turned up, but now Y&R has me fooled with Nick. I dont know what to beleive and when or how he will turn up if he is going to.

• Members

Maybe he'll wind up in the New Mexican dessert, taken in by madman named Chad but also taken care of by a lovely doctor called Ramona... ;)

PS: To answer your actual question - don't care at all. LML will find the most ludicrous and contrieved way to fix this, I'm confident.

• Members

I think the difference this time around is that Nikki has discovered she has her own goals she wants to achieve, and David is the man who can not only help her get there, he can help ensure she's a lasting success. I admit I'm not completely familiar with V/N's romantic history, but I suspect her other affairs/marriages were in the context of her still really wanting to be Mrs. Victor Newman. What I do know is IF it's written well (I know, it's a big IF!), then Nikki will have a very difficult choice to make, which is what a classic love triangle is all about! :)

Archived