Y&R Discussion: Week of May 14th

• Members
10.gif

On Friday's episode we not only saw the ramifications of Victor slamming Jack, but we also saw yet another tragedy getting ready to befall the citizens of Genoa City.

This week, we will see loved ones gather around to learn the shocking news about Nick...and how it will affect all those he loved.

Let's discuss what we liked, what we didn't like, and what could have been left on the cutting room floor, on this week's Young and the Restless

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My thoughts on today's show which is bay far this year's best and probably the best episode of Y&R we got since John’s death last summer...

The good

- The acting was marvellous

- There was pacing! There were long scenes! There were emotions! There was real character-interaction. There were sets we haven't seen in ages! There was balance!

- To say that Y&R has got one serious bit of sh*tty dialogue ever since LML HACK EXTRAORDINAIRE© took over is an understatement. Therefore the different approach was a blessing that couldn't be worshipped enough. Although... (read below)

The bad

- A really good moment of surprise is too much to ask, eh? Sharon should have returned at the end of the episode making a great cliffhanger!?

- Speaking of Sharon: Was her 'story' why she wasn't on board supposed to make any sense?

- Finally, the writing was - as I said - very good. However, there is a downsight. It didn't fit at all with the current breakdown/scriptwriting on the show. Was it better? But it was just TOO different. I've been just listening to Kay Alden's to podium discussion (BTW: After that I love her even more - she's such a smart woman, come home to Y&R, Kay!) and she stressed that a writing team should be homogenous because otherwise you can't produce one show every day and still call it Y&R for instance.

So Monday's show will be the major test: Will Y&R turn into this direction prescribed by Bernie Lechovick who wrote the script today or is a one day only experience? We'll have to stay watching some more days to find out.

• Members

Ryan, you will definitely need tissue to watch this episode.

I am pleasantly surprised by Amelia's performance today. She really let it all hang out and played the part of devastated sister perfectly. And Don actually had facial movement when he went into the breakroom and broke down crying thinking Sharon was on the plane too.

I loved the way Nikki and Victor walked out of his office with all the co-workers standing to the side and Victor and Nikki were just holding each other up.

Michelle rocked it! I felt Phyllis' pain when Michael told her the jet went down and Nick was dead. And her trying to cover her mouth to stiffle her screams so she didn't scare Summer was heartbreaking and then Summer crying and Michael trying to comfort both her and Phyllis as Phyllis spbbed "I'm gonna die" made me start crying even more.

ITA sheilaforever that Sharon should have came in at the end of the episode. it just would have been a better cliffhanger.

• Members

LML is only good when her husband, Bernard Lechowick, is there to put her in check. I'm beginning to think he was the sole mastermind behind most of their successful stint on KL.

After watching today's episode, there's no way anyone can doubt Stafford's talents, Phyllis may have been stepfordized over the last year or so, but Michelle is a powerful actress who makes you feel whatever she's acting, especially high-power emotional scenes.

Amelia was actually ::BIG GASP:: good today!

• Members

I thought today was excellent, excellent performances all around. My favorite performance today was Eric and Peter, man I love those two. When Sharon came into the room, you really felt that millisecond of hope. Ameila was great, she really gave you the devestated sister. Michelle Stafford, Sharon Case, you really felt their pain, especially when Sharon got outside, you really could just see the "not again," look upon her face and her thoughts of Cassie. Today was great.

• Members

OMG.. I am one that has not been watching Y&R because it just got boring to me but I had it on there today because I keep it on CBS for ATWT. Michelle Stafford littelry killed me and almost had me in tears when Micheal informed her about Nicholas. :(

• Members

I LOVED the Jack/Sharon scene! Sharon walking in calling Jack's name and him yelling "No, no more ghost! You're not real!" and then throwing the glass and Sharon touching him and them collapsing on the floor huuging and crying...

And the last scene where Phyllis just didn't have the words or heart to tell Noah about Nick...The Noah/Summer scene was so cute and yet heartbreaking.

Archived