Y&R Discussion: Week of May 14th

• Members

Stafford was good today, same goes for Heinle, but she was definitely not the best actor/actress on this episode.

Usually I'm a sucker for female portrayers but the best performances came from Peter Bergman and Eric Braeden. Hands down. Those two were marvellous...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Grief makes people do and say strange things. Victoria has been through a lot in a short amount of time. First she lost her baby and now her brother and she saw the way Brad looked at Sharon when she came in the door. I think Vicki was just tired of it and finally admitted what she already felt...that Brad was indeed in love with Sharon.

• Members

Today was the best episode of LML's career as sole-head writer. I don't know why it takes the death of a core family member for that writing team to turn it around, but obviously it does.

I only caught the last half of the show though. Peter Bergman, Eric Braeden and Michelle Stafford were the MVPs of today's show. They brought it and brought it good. The others, yes, they were great, but those three were on their A-game today.

When Michael broke the news to Phyllis and she just started crying and inhaling to catch her breath, trying to breath while Summer started crying, they had me. I don't cry watching the soaps, but I was getting teary-eyed. She kept saying, "I'm going to die... I'm going to die..." So sad.

And Jack... Wow! When Peter brings it, he brings it. Jack Abbott is one of the biggest bastards on this show, but Bergman knows how to make the audience feel bad for Jack. He did it once again. When Jack was watching that television and the news reporters were hyping on the death of Nick. What about Sharon? And then, after all the drinking, he was passed out and Sharon came into the room. He threw the glass at her... AH! I wish he would've hit her, but he didn't. :( And then they fell to the ground in their embrace *sigh* MAGIC!

OMG! Was I actually shocked by a soap opera? I had no idea Sharon would come out of this alive so soon. The entire time I was watching this epsiode, and heard everyone say that the plane crashed into the water, I was expecting to see Nick and Sharon's bodies wash up on the shore at the end of the episode. So when Sharon walked into the ranch out of nowhere, I was stunned!

• Members

Her biggest failures are Y&R and Port Charles which didn't feature her husband as a co-headwriter. Instead they featured the hack Scott Hamner who has a history of suck. Basically Bernie Lechowick is clearly the reason for her success.

Now I hate to ruin the party, but I'm not going to be so quick to praise this. Latham has always done good episodes, lets see how this entire storyline plays out. There is such a major disconnect these days.

Something else pissing me off is that you KNOW Nick Newman's death will be a major story featured until Joshua Morrow returns and long after that. But DRUCILLA WINTERS has been forgotten and she just died last month! We haven't been able to see Neil or Devon grieve because that doesn't fit into any of Latham's plots. Lily has a story, but even she seems to have forgotten her mother.

More on the positive, I did think that overall that was a good episode. But like I said, an episode does not change my opinion that Lynn Latham has ruined Y&R and needs to go. I'll at least see how the entire week plays out before she gets any credit from me.

I loved Melody Thomas Scott, Sharon Case, Peter Bergman and Eric Braeden, but I wasn't too impressed with Amelia Heinle who I've been a big supporter of her. Even as Snorboria she can't bring it. Michelle Stafford also was another who wasn't working for me. I know I'm the only one, but she didn't seem genuine to me. Just chewing that scenery.

• Members

I know people take things diffrently and i was with Victoria UNTIL that convo with Brad! My mouth dropped! I was so shocked that she would say something like that!

Brad: OMG Nick's dead!

Slutoria: Well, you slept with Sharon...

LMAO WTF?!?! :lol::huh:

Anywho....everyone did a great job today! The Jack/Sharon scene at the end of the episode was sooooo good! :)

• Members

I'm a bit surprised at the Victoria hate. I don't think she was forgetting Nick, but Brad's reaction to Sharon just sealed the deal on her marriage. She must already be numb when you consider she just lost a baby the day before. We even saw how Brad reacted when he heard Sharon was in a plane crash, he wasn't concerned about Nick or Victoria. I hope she can grieve with her family that loves her and not that money hungry creep.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ May 14 2007, 04:38 PM)
I'm a bit surprised at the Victoria hate. I don't think she was forgetting Nick, but Brad's reaction to Sharon just sealed the deal on her marriage. She must already be numb when you consider she just lost a baby the day before. We even saw how Brad reacted when he heard Sharon was in a plane crash, he wasn't concerned about Nick or Victoria. I hope she can grieve with her family that loves her and not that money hungry creep.

Brad wears his true colors on his sleeve and each time he tries to come up with some snow job to keep Victoria at his side...I will be glad when she cuts his butt loose

• Members

i think michelle stafford should give back her emmy awards.

seriously, that was the WORST overacting i've seen in a long, long time. she didn't just chew the scenery, she DEVOURED it -- and it was ugly to watch. talk about hysteria -- that was unbelievably bad.

peter bergmann was good until his "no more ghosts, no more ghosts" line, which was soap opera stupid. it got worse when he fell to his knees and wailed "i am not worthy of you" to sharon. talk about bad cliches. overwrought writing, overwrought delivery.

amelia h. surprised me -- she was subtle, controlled, nuanced, and just plain good. melody thomas scott was a total drama queen, but that's why i love her.

• Members

Interesting post ranger1rg! Because i thought MS underacted! I thought Phyliss was going too faint or smack Michael out of anger! Maybe even catch the holy ghost! LOL! :lol::lol::lol:

But, i think what she did in the scene was good. Im not a fan of MS, but she did a good job in those scenes IMHO. Not too over the top or anything. IMO...

• Members

Ok...wow....seriously......probably the best episode of the year. I loved how everyone was affected by the news of the crash.

Kudos to EVERYONE on the cast for great performances. Bergman, Stafford and Braeden were just phenomenal. Talk about being hit in the heart.....she was in so much pain that she couldn't breathe. I melted when I saw her scenes.

"I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die." Man.....that just hit me. And Summer.....Phyllis was so hysterical she could barely hold Summer. Michelle Stafford is such a great actress. She proves time and time again that she is a powerhouse. Kudos!

I really hope they just put Brad and Sharon together. Any hope that fans of them had (and I can't believe anyone likes them together) should officially be gone. The way Brad reacted when he learned of the crash, then when he saw Sharon showed just how much he loves her. Victoria has a right to call him on it and be affected by it.

Peter Bergman was freakin awesome as well. I loved his "no more ghosts" line. He was drunk as hell and since he's been engaging in some serious discussion with his dad the past couple of months, who could blame him for thinking he saw another one?

Great episode.....

Archived