ATWT: Cady McClain Returns to Soap

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am glad Cady is returning to a show that used her. I have to say Dixie's return was the worst piece of garbage I have seen. It was so bad to watch from beginning to end and then to kill her off was horrible. The funny thing is I agree the last year of Ro sucked but the first two were excellent. Especially the stuff with Ro having the hysterectomy was amazing. ATWT gave Cady great emmy winning material and fabulous as Ro. Ro is a total biatch but Cady plays all those facets very well.

• Members

I think the same can be said for any actor then. Maura West, Michael Park, they must get drained pretty easily after the CarJack break up scenes.

IMO that still doesn't excuse her comings and goings, I hated when Roger did it on OLTL, and I hated when Cady did it on ATWT, cause it messes up storylines too badly.

• Members

of course she will:) Everyone knows that it wasn't REALLY Dixie that came back in 2005, just someone pretending to be Dixie (reason to be determined), which means THAT imposter is dead and explains these difficult-to-explain Dixie ghost scenes after the death by pancake. Real Dixie is in a coma somewhere being hidden away by David Hayward or maybe even Billy Clyde Tuggle. Come on you all, that's better than anything McScreamy came up with.

• Members

Eh, I think Cady is done with AMC for good this time. She seems really bitter about her departure and the exects at ABCD, and I don't see her returning under Julie Hanan Carruthers, who will probably never be fired since she's Frons' puppet and all. Let's not forget, Cady didn't initially want to come back in 2005, until she had lunch with McTavish and was promised this "great storyline", which ended up being a bust. She's better off at ATWT, even though the writing there can be more than uneven at times, I'm sure they'll be able to write adequately for her. Have you seen her portrayal of Rosanna? She was in damn element on ATWT, for some reason, she always looks bored playing Dixie. Also, she more than earned that Emmy she won over on ATWT, I've never seen her that great of an actress, and I've watched all three of her runs on AMC.

• Members

As a David fan who dearly loved him and Dix together and hated seeing them McTrashed beyond recognition last year, no, it isn't better for me to see a deranged David holding Dix prisoner. KA or whoever can do much better than that, with both characters, separately and together.

• Members

I'm not a viewer of "All My Children," but what TPTB did to Cady was nothing less than insulting. Maybe she wouldn't have stuck around ATWT, but the build-up and eventual non-story was almost like payback for her leaving in the first place.

Archived