DAYS: Has Sami Brady ever influenced you?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rion, others will joke but I think you're onto something. I've long believed that some soap watches, if the minority, are extremely psychotic and model their lives off those of their favorite soap opera characters. I'd say this often occurs with soap fans who lack high self-esteem and those who have body issues, or issues with the opposite sex. Those who are perhaps lonely and do little more than watch soaps all day, on tape, and fantasize about being their favorite heroine -- but using all the tricks of the villainess to attain their desires. It happens, not all the time, but I'd say with about 5 percent of the soap audience, it happens.

• Members

Well We have all heard of the stories of people's stealing other peoples babies and going to so nasty extremes like cutting the woman open and what not and I always think that could come right out of a soap.

• Members

That's exactly what Taylor did on "Spyder Games." In the end, she decided that if Sami were in her shoes, she would've slept with an underaged boy as well. And murdered a man.

Also, scheming Amy on "Sunset Beach" would often ask herself, "What would Sami do?" Apparently those Beachers were Days fanatics! When Tracey Melchior's character came to town, several people remarked how much she looked just like 'that evil Kristen from Days of Our Lives.'

Archived