Y&R Discussion: Week of April 30th

• Members

If Phyllis were to have developed logically then there wouldn't be any problem. My problem stems directly from the fact that a tremendous amount of actors & actresses have been sacrificed to prop a character that doesn't deserve it & and actress that is more than talented to play more complicated material.

Phyllis (at best) is an anti-heroine. If she was written & treated as one she would be much more palatable.

My issue with MS is that she's been sleepwalkin since the divorce from Jack (a marriage itself which never should've happened).

Has she been entertainin? At times.

But not enough to justify the continued warpin & assassination of other characters.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She definitely does, especially since it's been alluded to more than once that Y&R's backstage has devolved into a popularity contest.

And Sharon & Sharon Case were NOT defended a great deal until she was thrown directly into MS orbit.

In fact prior to her increased interactions with Phyllis, Sharon was one of the universally bashed characters on the show.

• Members

One of those few moments we agree 100 %.

Until recently, I was pretty indifferent about Amelia Heinle. She did no get enough material or no real material and had to play a role which hardly was Victoria.

But now in the past few weeks; she HAD the material, the writing changed in a way in which Heinle SHOULD feel home: She's married to BoremetoTears (Jeffrey Dud) and IS pregnant. Yet, no charisma in the one playing field and still emotionless acting for the latter part.

Sorry sweety; You might be pretty but you're dismissed...

Desperately paging Heather Tom here as well°!!!!

• Members

I've been loving Nikki the last couple of weeks. The whole show has been good lately. I thought today was a particularly good day. There was quite a bit of humor and I loved seeing everyone's reactions to finding out Nikki was behind the arrest. The look on Sharon's face when Brad told her was perfect.

Speaking of Sharon, Jack's treatment of her is getting on my last nerve. The man is acting like he's never told a lie or kept a secret. Meanwhile he's sitting on the whole "I own Jabbot!!" (I miss Abby) thing. Pretty sure he never mentioned that one to Sharon.

I loved the Fisher/Baldwin scenes too. Kevin has the best lines "Did you shake your muffin's at him" And I love Michael's reactions to Gloria.

I thought Amelia looked particularly pretty today. I guess I just like her better than most people here do. It can't be easy to play a miscarriage when you are really pregnant. I'm not saying she's got next year's emmy wrapped up, but I think she's decent as Vikki.

• Members

That's the BS that I highlighted right there that irks the mess out of me...Jack and the Gang (that's almost everyone on the show that is forerunners) are the first to let a lie falll out their lips faster than poop can hit the toilet, but yet, they are the same morons that cry, bitch and moan at anyone else 'daring' to keep them in the dark...Brad's got that mess real bad.. he can sneak a peek at another woman, get her in the sack, and is the first one to try to make someone else look crazy when he gets busted....yet, he's the first one to breath down someone else's throat if they dare do what he does.

I swear that they walk into the room with amnesia when they are snapping on someone for betraying them, keeping them in the dark and not being honest "SOON ENOUGH", because they totally forget that they are the masters of lying... Jack, Phyllis and Brad are the key members of the Liars Club..

• Members

I have to agree. I hate Nikki and defently no fan but I enjoyed her today. She wasnt shrieking and actually is doing something. She was like a female Victor and I liked how unapologetic and bitchy she was. She is ruthless an dI hope she stays this way. She can become someone I love to hate, instead of just hate

I also hate how Jack is treating Sharon. Yeah she lied, but they werent together when she was with Brad. He is a big liar and hypocrite. He needs to get over himself.

• Members

I'm this close to wishing Gloria loose on Jack! What a son of a bitch! He has greater concern for Phyllis as oppossed to Sharon. Was she suppossed to give this fool an itinerary of all that she did before he rebounded into her bed.

Nikki is a bad bitch, but dammit, a part of me liked it. The woman has no shame. LOL

To add my two cents into the Michelle Stafford debate, she is a talented actress, but she hasn't impressed me during her on screen pairing with Joshua Morrow's Nick. She looks bored in her scenes and far too many characters have been sacrificed to make her redemption plausible. She is the female version of Sonny Corinthos.

Moreover, I do believe that there is a popularity contest going on @ Y&R. She and Christian Le Blanc are as thick as thieves and it's disconcerting that you need to kiss as for your work to be appreciated. There is no fathomable reason why Jeane Cooper and Greg R. received nominations other than that their friends voted for them.

• Members

I had to gag when he said, Phyllis wouldnt do what she did bc she's changed. When will they realize the bitch is fake! She is not as nice and good as she portrays herself to be. I wish Jack would just annull his marriage bc its obvious he has no business being married

• Members

I hope Sharon dumps him PRONTO. Did you catch how fake he was being at the restaurant? Sharon walked in and he was so abrasive. But the second he got a phone call and saw important people, he started holding Sharon's hand to keep up appearances.

• Members

What gets me is that Jack is preaching "Tell the truth" to Sharon all the while he's secertly owning Jabot and I bet when it comes out, Sharon will stick by his side. She's not in love with Jack, but IMO, Sharon doesn't want to be without a man and any one will due. She can't have Brad. She can't have Nick so she settles for Jack. She should have NEVER married him. Brad, Neil and Phyllis told her that if she wasn't sure she loved Jack, she should end it.

Gloria needs to be put down like a dog! That woman has some gall to keep comitting crime after crime like it's NOTHING. Michael and Kevin better get it together before mommy dearest has them in a cell with a dude named Bubba all over them. And we know how well Kevin liked his last blanket party. ;)

• Members

Nikki was a trip today.

Can someone please explain if they know what Victor is trying to do in regards to Phyllis? In Wednesday's episode, Victor said to Nikki that he would make sure Phyllis paid for interferring with his company...In today's episode, he was talking to Nick and said for him to be there for Summer; then in the same episode, Victor was yapping to Phyllis about how he understood what she was trying to do, and that he was going to help her...

Beyond sick of the Gloria love that LML has going on...When is this woman going to wake up and write us a scene where Gloho and her Boy Wonder, Kevin get exactly what they deserve?

• Members

I can't figure out what Victor is up to either. Yesterday he told Nikki that Phyllis would live to regret messing with the way he does business and then he told Neil that the way Brad did Phyllis was wrong and he was gonna make him pay for it. Then today he told Nick that his main priority was to put Summer first, which meant her mother NOT going to jail, but he then told Nick and Phyllis she should take a plea deal. And THEN he told Nikki she should have told him what she had planned and that maybe he would have been on her side. It sounds like Victor is playing both sides.

I really think Victor will bring down Nikki in order to bring down Jack because he told her that if she got hit in the crossfire, oh well because he was bringing donw Jack. It's just one BIG mess!

Archived