Y&R Discussion: Week of April 30th

• Members

At this point since the whole Jill and Katherine storyline was messed up from the very beginning, I don't even know who I would truly want to see as Jill's son.. I would rather it NOT be Cane or Adrian...it would be a double TWIST if they turned around and made Michael Jill's son....that would be a mess there on that level too, but it would be somewhat believable based on the actual accurate age....

I wish they wouldn't have even gone that route in Katherine stealing a baby and trading it for cash..

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Billy is NOT a Chancellor.

Katherine's only a Chancellor by marriage which makes Billy (and Mackenzie) both SHEPARDS.

It also isn't to say that the CI CEO shouldn't be a woman, but just that all of The Chancellor Heirs (thus far) have been male.

And Katherine can refer to Jill's 'bio' son as "real" all she wants but she (as well as just about everyone else on the show) is bein written HORRIBLY OOC so whatever she says (especially under LML) ought to be taken with a grain of salt.

And just cause Phillip (and/or Nina) isn't mentioned often (lately) doesn't mean they don't exist.

Also, Phillip actually has a greater claim wrt CI than Brock, Mackenzie & Billy simply by virtue of bearin Phillip's surname as well as bein the one that's been consistently groomed to eventually become CI's CEO.

Especially since Billy's main focus is, was, always has been & always will be Jabot & cause Mackenzie's never been really business focused anyway.

That's part of the reason why the Phillip retcon (and the Amber addition) is so stupid cause there's enough story to last YEARS with Jill bein torn between both Billy and Phillip.

Throw in Mackenzie & Katie & the story practically writes itself.

It wouldn't work cause Michael's way too old.

Amen.

At the very least they could've made them twins to minimize the damage.

• Members

When has all this grooming taken place? For all we know Philip IV is on his way to taking holy orders and taking a vow of poverty. We know almost nothing about him at this point. Philip does not have a greater claim just because he has a particular surname. I have no idea why you would think that. He's not a relative by blood or adoption. He's got as much right to Chancellor as Kay chooses to give him.

Billy sure seemed to have his eye on CI last time he was back, but since he's off in Hong Kong (one of the world's gambling capitals, I guess that's not an issue for now), so I guess we won't have a Billy/Cane(Adrian) face off anytime soon.

The whole point is Kay is the one who inherited from Philip. She can give the money to whoever she wants to and make whomever she wants to the CEO of CI. As far as I'm concerned the woman's family is as important as the man's, so I don't think any of Philip's descendents real or faux are more entitled than Kay's whether you want to call them Chancellors, Shepherds or Fosters.

I have to agree that making Kay a baby snatcher was a mistake. If anything I wish they had given Philip III a twin. Still lame, but at least it wouldn't have messed things up as much.

• Members

Jill & Katherine were both(especially Jill) groomin Phillip to be The Chancellor Heir prior to Phillip prior to his move to & durin his return from LA.

We also know plenty about Phillip (despite his absence) too.

And actually Phillip does have a greater legal claim due to his surname then both Billy & Mackenzie.

Also despite the retcon he still is related to The Chancellors via the law (several times over) whether Kay and/or Jill likes it or not.

Billy didn't have his eye on CI.

He had his eye on & wanted to move up the ranks of JABOT.

And Katherine?

Didn't inherit anything from Phillip.

Everything she has she snatched from Jill & Phillip.

So while she may be the owner of The Chancellor Estate & family business, she'd have a HELLUVA lawsuit if she (or Jill) ever attempted to disinherit Phillip.

Plus like it or not, Phillip's descendents do have more of a right & claim to CI than Billy & Mackenzie.

Just like Jack, Ashley, Billy, Traci, Keemo, Colleen, Abby & Kyle have wrt Jabot as opposed to The Baldwin-Fishers.

Makin Katherine a babysnatcher sucks.

And what makes it even worse is the complete lack of remorse & self righteous indignance she's exhibited in the aftermath too.

• Members

This sums it up and Phillip IV's importance can't be debated, IMO. For almost 15 years he was being groomed as the Chancellor heir and there is no way at 21 Jill and Katherine would stop loving him and disinherit him. Had Jill neglected her grandson I can understand, but she went to great links to stay involved in his life despite her dislike of Nina and the fact that Nina had remarried.

And regardless of Latham's crappy "Phillip is alive!" story, Phillip IV and Billy are actually needed! That younger set needs a jolt as does the Chancellor family and these two could fix this. Billy is also an Abbott which gives Jack a much needed family member. Moving on to Paul, you can bring on Heather (also needed) and the occasional appearance from Mary and the Williams family is back!

Taking this easy steps to boost the various core families would make more sense than bringing in a ton of unconnected newbies to showcase Latham's plot driven writing. I'm no genius, but even I could do a better job writing the show than this hack.

Archived