Big Brother Australia

Cheap21

• Members

Its about that time and the new season has started and the big twist this year is that there is no prize money! LMAO, thats so evil. These people signed up for the prize and there is none to be won. I know Id be pissed if I were in that house

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love it! The US version doesnt have a voice for Big brother and the interntional versions do. It really makes BB more of a presence in the house and (s)he is like the final housemate. At times I wish the US BB would get a voice for it

• Members

we do have that lovely "please put on your microphone" and "STOP THAT!!" recording on the feeds :lol:

Back to the money -- these people do get a salary, right? Like the US one does, each week. Like, they do compensate them for appearing do they not? Cause most people that end up doing these reality shows have no jobs or anything to do, so even if there's no prize, it's a steady pay cheque. If they're seriously doing this for free -- then those contestants are losers for staying.

• Members

I have no idea if they get a stipend but they do get prizes just for appearing on the show. When they are voted off they often get a brand new car, 2 cell phones, a credit card and a 2-3 day trip. And thats JUST for being on the show. I dont know if they will still have that this year

• 5 years later...
  • Members

Yeah, it will be the first season and they're currently casting. They are using the same casting company as the US. Right now, it is looking like a Spring 2013 launch. I'm guessing it will be a carbon copy of the US version.

It will air on Slice, the same network that airs The Real Housewives of Vancouver, so I am not too worried about the production aspect. The prize money is meh though. Only $100,000 Canadian.

Archived