DAYS: Jack Rumor?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I disagree. Isolating Steve and Kayla from established characters is one of the biggest mistakes TPTB have made. The vast majority of DAYS viewers won't be familiar with Adrienne so her return is not going to solve that problem. Jack, on the other hand, is a mega-popular character who every DAYS fan knows well. It's no coincidence that S&K got their most positive response last summer when Steve was interacting with Jack. Corday then stupidly decided to ban all further Jack/Steve interactions, dumped S&K in a triangle with Billie and the rest is history. Jack's involvement in Steve's story would be far more beneficial to the show than Adrienne's.

• Members

I agree with Ponz. I could see Jack returning to the show this summer if he's involved with Steve and Kayla's story. Of course, Corday was stupid for firing Matt in the first place, but we won't get into that.

• Members

I too think Jack could return periodically, going in and out of Salem. I think veteran viewers (myself included) will love having Adrienne back on the canvas... I just have to wonder if there are plans to bring Wally Kurth back on the show, if only for a limited run.

For the moment, I'm preparing for Shelle's big moment sometime this week. Get the Jack and Coke ready... :)

• Members

I, too, think Jack would be much more beneficial to the S/K story than Adrienne. I liked Adrienne years ago, but she's been gone a long time and many viewers will be confused because of Judy playing Bonnie for the last few years. If Corday was smart (insert joke of your choice), he would drop Adrienne's homecoming and bring back Jack. He has a lot more fans and MA and SN on screen together is sheer magic.

• Members

I find it hard to believe that Jack will return without the presence of Abby or Jen. It's believable that he may return for Steve, but if that is the case, I see him to be recurring. Jack and Jen were amazing, and I think its time for a Jen recast, so that they can return back on air!

• Members

Abby's departure shouldn't affect whether her parents return to Salem. They could just say Abby decided to go to college in England or that she went travelling around Europe.

I do think it was the plan to have Jack involved in the S&K story but this may be a victim of the rewrites. Back in March, Corday remarked that Steve needs his brother and that he hoped Matt would return on a recurring basis. His latest comments make no reference to Jack and S&K are not featured prominently in previews for Sweeps or the summer. I also won't be surprised if the Adrienne stuff plays out over 3 or 4 episodes only.

Archived