Dirty Sexy Money: Discussion Thread

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Reims was the showrunner for the entire first season, episodes 1-13. Cerrone's appointment wasn't announced until the spring of 2008, weren't the first season episodes filmed before the strike? Supposedly, the final three episodes were hastily written before the strike, which is why I assume they were dropped.

At one point, those three episodes were suppose to start the season. Then Cerrone was brought on and left. He completed season 3 episodes, which supposedly were going to incorporate scenes from the final unaired season one (Reims?) episodes. However, now that Jon Harmon Feldman is aboard, it does sound like the show is dropping the three Cerone episode. Either way, ABC is bad shape. Either they pay for six episodes that will never air or end up starting the season in direction that the show won't be heading.

I would love to see all the episodes of the show including the unaired first season episodes, the original pilot, and Cerone's episodes if they don't show up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I'm glad this show is back! It's such a good primetime soap.

Ellen's death was shocking!! :o She goes all nuts and bashes the shower glass doors and then slips and and hits her head.

I'm not liking Jeremy going after Lisa. Leave her alone, dude! She's married. Don't be a homewrecker. Go after those sluts you're used too!

Speaking of Lisa (Zoe McLellan), it was so great to see her again. Damn, she's so hot. :wub:

She was arrested for the murder of Nick's dad.

• Members

Dutch George is Nick's father. Tish had a 40 year affair with him. Brian is Dutch's son (Nick's half brother) by Tish. Trip just found this out last season. I suspect Trip has set Tish up. I'm about 70% sure.

I was relieved that Ellen died. I knew a Darling was dying this episode and I thought it might be Tish, so I was very happy to see that wasn't the case.

I'm glad Jeremy is going after Lisa. I hope she falls for him at some point. If it's not obvious I'm roting for Nick and Karen. I just wish they had kept Karen ruthless. That's one thing I liked about the end of last season. I guess she looks more sympathetic if Simon is playing her, but I liked the idea of her playing him for Trip. I cannot believe she's falling for him and actually screwed up a chance with Nick over it :rolleyes: , but I guess something had to stop them.

I wonder what Lucy Liu's character is up to?

I have hope that this show is finally clicking. I was very concerned after all the backstage changes, but it looks like they may have found a direction that works.

• Members

The opening scene was amazing. I LOVE Queen and thought the song fit really well in the scene. The first five minutes had some great looks between characters hinting at the new status of their relationships, which I thought was awesome. I wanted to see more of the party though. Last season at its best was when the family was gathered together. To overlook this prime opportunity for interaction was a little bit of a blow to me since most of the interaction was by the book. I am dying though to see the fallout over Leticia's arrest.

I had figured out Ellen was going to be the one to die and basically Leticia confirmed it with the out of the blue comment about Ellen's sudden drinking problem. This change was two fold for me. First, I knew they were villianizing Ellen in order for her death to work. In terms of story, we kind of needed to see that the Darlings had a darker nature to them. When the Dutch murder mystery was ongoing last year, I didn't buy the story because none of the characters seemed like they could possibily be a murderer. The Darlings needed to cover up another death in order for the mystery to continue. The arc in the episode also was the perfect way to reunite Patrick and Tripp. When Patrick called after Ellen's attack, I was sure that it was Nick, but I was pleasantly surprised to see Tripp on the other end of the phone.

On the hand, Ellen as a lush would have been fun to see more of. Patrick's line about washing the stink of their marriage off was hilarious. I would have liked to see this relationship continue as a foil to Carmelita and Patrick. I hope Carmelita is back soon.

The biggest adjustment I had with this episode was a lot of the story was based on stories that were in their baby stages when the show went off the air in December. Six months was certainly enough time for Jeremy to be a stalker, but it was a bit of a dramatic shift from where Jeremy was last time. Same goes for Karen's sudden love for Simon Elder. I think the show was really hinting at it in episode 10, but it was a huge jump for Karen to tell Simon she loved him. Regarding Nick and Karen, I felt like episode 10 established that Karen/Nick had a relationship to Simon and his ex-wife, they love each other and have a good partnership, but they can't survive a marriage.

Does anyone else think that Simon might be talking to Dutch?

As much as I love Brian, Jr., I thought the brief scene with him seemed out of place and almost unneccessary. I wonder if this was a holdover from the Cerrone episodes that they worked in. Nola and Jeremy's scenes also had a different feel to me, but maybe I'm overthinking things. I loved Brian telling Tripp he enjoyed firing people and closing the factory in Munich.

Overall, the episode had a very different feel to it. A lot of the character stuff was missing, but I understand they were trying to reestablish the characters. Tripp was a lot darker in this episode and lacked the playfulness that Donald Sutherland usually brought to the role. The lack of Leticia hurt the episode and I was upset that Juliet's absense was a non-issue. I know Samaire Armstrong is off contract, but I was really beginning to like Juliet in the end when she told Kai she wanted him to be her first. I think the episode did a good job establishing where we'll be going, but it did lose the momentum that the episode's beginning had.

• Members

I love all the manipulation going on. Trip is such an unknown quantity. I don't really believe he killed Dutch, but this season I believe it's possible. For awhile I thought Simon was a good guy, but now I wonder what he's up to and why he stabbed Karen in the back. Was he trying to use reverse psychology on Nick? People's motivations are unclear, but it's more interesting than ever.

Archived