NBC: Dropped storylines

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Brady/DiMera feud and John's parentage on DAYS. Back in 2002, it looked like B&C were finally going to explain everything, but of course, Corday just had to interfere, and well, the rest is history...

• Members

What was in the basement of Jonesy's townhouse in the freezer?

What was in the tarp at the jungle compound?

What happened to the 5 Marlena clones Stefano sent out around the US?

What happened to Hattie trying to take over Marlena's life, and now looking identical to her?

What happened to Jonah Carver and Wendy Reardon, and who was the father of Wendy's baby?

What was Eric Brady's secret that kept him out of Salem for years?

What happened to Sami blackmailing Kate about her past as a hooker and destroying her reputation?

• Members

The way JER has set up "Passions," either no story will have been dropped by the ending or he will just choose to leave some loose threads, because the secrets are all inter-woven, and it would be an INCREDIBLE domino-effect if he chose to expose all of them. It would also leave us scratching our heads on who really belongs together!

Man, the last few months have the potential to be PHENOMENAL -- and bittersweet. :(

• Members

That one was resolved. I don't remember there details but it was some lame 3 episode arc. His college nemisis came to Salem and Eric told Shawn Sr. the 'truth'. It was swept under the rung and was obviously a re-write from the original plans.

• Members

Yeah it was something about a girl drinking too much or something. Shows how good it was...I am a big Days fan and even I don't remember it. I still think Eric was going to turn out gay or something much bigger was going to happen.

There are so many dropped stories that I can't even list them or count them. The one that bugs me most is the Brady/Dimera feud. That thing is too huge to keep being swept under the rug.

• Members

Passions has dropped everything only to be picked up several years later to drag on some more and then it gets a piss poor "ending"...

Some examples:

WHO SHOT JULIAN!!!!!!!! This should have put the show on the map! Sadly, it didn't!

The dead body under the sheet in Sheridan's nightmares. Reilly's 3,000 re-writes of that was hideous. First it was a man who, after death, underwent a sexual re-assignment to become a woman..But wait, that was not enough, it was then discovered to be the sister of a dead woman who was never dead. GMAFB!

The Evian child. What a joke this turned out to be. Who is the Evian's kid? And why would anyone care now?

Why Chad was obsessed with his sister. Instead, he moves onto a relationship with a man? The character didn't need to be a deviant. Had a real writer penned this, Chad's behavior in regards to Whitney would have been explained, thus possibly redeeming the character.

The good vs evil battle. When Charity left, it should have been on!

RealHank and what he did in his past.

Sheridan learning she gave up Luis for a lying husband who possibly stole a kid? That was the real story. Not turning her into the piece of filth that is onscreen now. Sheridan should have found out...then be forced to deal with her bad choices. Not become a blonde Theresa! That's just disgusting!

Chad's parents??? Need I say more?

So many lost opportunities just so the audience can see obsession, nontriangles, rape, beastiality, incest, plot driven trash, character destruction, repeated dialogue... Reilly had a winner with Passions, but because he's a loser, the show can't get off the air quick enough for me!

ANDREA

Archived